Flux Health Forum

Recovery from nerve sparing Prostatectomy thoughts

I recently had my prostate removed due to cancer. We appear to have completely gotten it all, so cancer isn’t really the reason for this post. I was the recipient of robotic nerve-sparing surgery where they peel the nerve bundle off the prostate before removal in order to preserve bladder control and ED. My bladder control is great. The ED isn’t and studies show it takes 9 months to a year (maybe 2) for the nerves to recover from the surgery damage. They aren’t really “severed”. There isn’t nerve pain, just a lack of signal.
My NP suggested I look into PEMF along with red light therapy in order to encourage the nerves to heal and rebuild/reconnect. These nerve bundles don’t have a myelin sheath and are more susceptible to damage and trauma.
I have searched pubmed, this forum, and many others with no success for someone using these treatments for this specific item.
I see some have used it for nerve pain, neuropathy, incontinence control after surgery - but not helping with ED. I suspect I will regain it naturally as the stats put me at 80% chance of “full” recovery - I’m just wondering if I could assist the nerve healing.
Does anyone have thoughts on this? I purchased a Flexpulse and my doc suggests 10hz for 30 minutes 3-7 days per week on the perineum.

1 Like

I have used ICES PEMF for nerve repair. If I was in your shoes, based on my experience, I would self experiment with ICES PEMF.

The following was also recommended to me as part of my regimen with ICES PEMF.

• Neurotrophin PMG- 3 tabs, 3xday
  • NT Factors by ARG- 1 scoop, 3xday
  • NAD plus- 2 lozenges, am and with lunch
  • NO Berkeley LIfe- 1-2 caps, breakfast and lunch. Test every 3 mornings to determine dosage
  • BPC-157 peptide
1 Like

This does seem to work for ED. It may not work for your situation but I would try putting coils in underwear at low power all day every day.

Also use a penis vacuum pump and cycle on and off many times each day to preserve cavernosal blood flow.

1 Like