Flux Health Forum

Potential Root Canal

I had a root canal in December. At that time the dentist told me I needed another one soon.

I have not had severe pain but I can tell there is irritation in the area of the tooth in question.

Any tips on using my m-1 to reduce the need for root canals? Best coil configurations or settings people have tried?

Currently I have been sleep with it on my face (over my upper gums) at night Omni 8 level 10- coils side to side.

It seems to help but then during the day the feeling starts coming back some, so today I am wearing it differently with the stretch band around my head with coils stacked…while I am working at the computer.

If anyone has had experience with this I would love to hear it. Aside from the root canal cost- which including crown is about $3000 in my area…the dentists are closed for business. So I’d really rather resolve this issue with PEMF!

Thanks-

I assume you have seen our short YouTube video on the topic of root canals, but in case you have not, here it is:

I don’t think there is anything special or magic too it. I think it amounts to consistent, regular use, coils stacked (bumpy-side to bumpy-side), placed directly over the tooth in question (on the outside of your cheek of course). Stacey Ravid (from the video) might be able to give a few more details, but as I recall, she just used default settings and got very satisfactory results. Consider a medium - high intensity setting as you are now doing, and also try Alpha Wave or Schumann 4. These all seem to get a lot of good feedback for various uses.

3 Likes

Thank you so much for your response. I will be more diligent and start using it 24-7. I will also try the other 2 settings that you mentioned. I really appreciate your taking the time to answer my post Bob. And thanks for sharing the video- That’s really encouraging! :slightly_smiling_face:

Great. Please let us know what you end up finding, and how well it works for you (or not).
Thanks

Hi Bob-

I had been using the coils placed side to side and once I stacked them (as you suggested) and started using the coils that way on Omni 8-14…I started to get results. Only a couple of days of 24/7 using the stacked coil method…made a huge difference in my discomfort. I’m sure everyone is different but for me that made a huge difference.

Not only that, I went in this afternoon for an X-ray and evaluation to a new Endodontist, just to get it things checked out, and after a CT scan and X-rays she could not find any conclusive evidence that I needed a root canal.

Hopefully that’s the end of it!

Thanks for you input and have a great week- :slightly_smiling_face:

Nancy

3 Likes

wow, I hope that is the end of it. I love to hear good stories like that, thanks.

1 Like

You may want to look into Biological Dentistry. There are reasons why root canals become infected. Chances are that you have mitigated inflammation and infection with PEMF, but not the “root cause,” in my opinion.
It is important to note that without a Cone Beam Scan, infections will not be visible unless they are very inflamed.

Conventional dentists take out the nerve which transmits pain signal, but they leave dead tissue, (the ligament) to rot in your mouth… So the infection may return or be present without your knowledge becoming a chronic low grade infection again, or Osteomyelitis.

Thanks for your response Jill.

That’s interesting, but I’m not really able to afford to have all of my root canals redone by a Biological Dentist on the chance that there “might” be roting material there-$$$ until my recent root canal in December it had been a few years since I had a root Canal and I had no problems then.

My root canal in December was done with a special procedure that uses an ultra cleaning technique called Gentlewave that removes 99% of the debris from the canal.

Two weeks ago I had a cat scan of my entire jaw line and 3 X-rays on the side that was having sensitivity in an emergency visit to the Endodontist… The Endodontist didn’t see any signs of infection in the bone or gums and said the new root canal looked good. And she did alot of manual probing to confirm that too. I’m feeling pretty good now so hopefully the problem is resolved.

I don’t know where you live- but in my area except for emergencies all the dentist offices are closed and we are being told to stay at home.

I will continue to use my M-1 device on that area of my jaw for continued healing.

I’m not saying it doesn’t happen, but If traditional dentists (which most of the population uses) are leaving something in your mouth to rot and make you sick I would think there would be class action lawsuits against them for Malpractice. If not there should be.

Have a nice weekend- :slight_smile:

So happy to have seen Stacey’s testimony!
A week ago Sunday night Monday morning I was up in the middle of the night with pain in my jaw. I called my dentist the next morning, but was not able to get in until this morning. That morning when I found out I wouldn’t be able to get into the dentist for a week, I scheduled an appointment at my local alternative Healthcare practitioner. They got me in for UVBI treatment, and I did not have any more trouble with pain after that. I repeated the UVB I treatment a few days later just to make sure that I was taking steps to care for the infection. This morning I got to the dentist and they did an x-ray which showed infection under one of my molars. He prescribed an antibiotic and told me that my choice would be root canal or extraction.
I am going to give the PEMF a try. I hope that I will be able to update with good news in a couple of weeks.

1 Like

U just need to do oil pulling with coconut oil. Just goggle

Your right- I’ll try that.

I have issues with my teeth, such as gum recession and bone loss, I decided to use this device to help stimulate tissue growth. I do use the single coils on my face the cheek areas. I place the single coil on each side of my face and hold them in place with an ace bandage, I tie it around my head to hold both coils in place. I usually put it on the Low setting and do this at bedtime for 6-8 hours. My concern also is the proper setting to use when using this device on the head area. Dr Bob did suggest that I use it on the Low setting, especially since it’s so close to the brain area.
I have a lower tooth that I was told it needed to be pulled or possibly a root canal to save it. I decided to hold off and use my device instead. So far its been 8 months and I truly believe the PEMF device has keep this tooth healthy. I went to my other Dentist for his opinion and he said the tooth looks fine. Every now and then the tooth will get a bit tender or inflamed. I’ll use the device for a few days, and it’s amazing the symptoms disappear. I’m truly convinced that using this devise can and will reverse many tooth problems. I hope will help many of you.

4 Likes

That is remarkable to hear, thanks. I have had similar results with my teeth, and I have heard several other people tell me the same thing. I think the reduction of oral inflammation really does seem to promote dental health.

I have to admit that I honestly did not think this would be the case (its just too good to be true) but all anecdotal evidence I have seem seems to support this use of ICES-PEMF.

3 Likes

Hello,
I am trying to save two teeth. I am not in pain but at my last cleaning my dentist said I have two infected teeth that will need root canals. I know better and will not get a root canal. I am trying to avoid pulling the teeth, would love to save them! I just purchased the M1. I have been doing Alpha wave and Omni with bumpy sides together stacked at a high setting. Those that have had success would you be able to tell me exactly what you did? Thank you!

What worked best for me was a medium-high setting (10-11), using Omni-8 or Alpha Wave or Schumann 4, for as long as possible every day (6-8 hours if possible), when seated or getting ready to sleep. Also consider occasionally placing coils on opposite sides of the jaw, with infected teeth between the coils, bumpy-sides out.

3 Likes

Thank you, I will keep you posted. I’m sure it depends on how bad the infection is for the length of time. How long did it take for you?

It seemed to stabilize things for me, with a very slow recovery (months). That was slow, but slowly getting better is preferable to quickly getting worse.

Some people seem to respond much more quickly. Maybe it is the use of higher intensity?

2 Likes

@Jan Hi! I would love an update as to your gum recession please? Any progress?

I agree with that. Its best to be certain you are not just blocking an important biological indication.

Hi Yvonne, I still feel the PEMF unit has helped with my over-all teeth health.
As far as gum recession it’s hard to say but it hasn’t gotten any worse.
I don’t always use the unit directly on my face but more so on my neck area. This is my preference since I deal with some neck pain.
Number one you have to be consistent in using the device, it’s a commitment…so results can vary with each person. Yes it’s great to read the positive feedback and results but each of us respond differently to PEMF, depending on the frequency of use. I hope this helps.