Flux Health Forum

Posterior vitreous detachment

I had a PVD recently. Not sure why. It is not a problem, other than floaters and some flashing lights. Eye doctor said there is no risk of retinal tears, although I am going back twice just to be sure over the next few months.

Reason I posted is that I have been using the A9 and the C5 on my eyes, and wondering if that was a “cause”. I think I was using it on the OMNI 8 setting, at power of around 8, which I think is probably too high for eyes.

I am continuing to use it on my eyes, but on a lower setting. I think the A9 might not go low enough. What do you think @Bob about eyes, is the A9 on low low enough?

My wife was using it on her eyes and would get tearing, so I gave her the M1 on very low, and that seems to be fine.

Generally, when using it on my eyes, I use very low intensity. And I think you are right: A9 does not go low enough, so I use an M1 on very low settings.

People who use PEMF clinically on the eyes tell me that, although some patients have some discomfort, that it is temporary, and there is not any evidence of long-term effects. But it does not seem to require a lot of intensity to have a beneficial effect on the eyes, so low or very low intensities are advisable.

1 Like

i noticed power level 8 was too high for me too… after about 2-3? hours I’d feel a slight pressure headache stemming from my eyes. i have dropped to 5 and noticed some pain… very slight after 4 hours… I’ll try level 3 next and see how that goes :thinking:

i am happy to say that my left eye blurriness that I’ve noticed becoming worse over the last 2 years has gotten better much to my delight. this was only after 1 night of about 2 hours of Omni at 8… despite the pain, i did notice my left eye improve.

unlike using when my eyes fatigue and eyes improve long enough to continue staring at the computer screen, my left eye has remained better than before. however, i have not needed to be on the screen much these past days after the overnight sessions.

2 Likes

I began to experience some posterior vitreous detachment symptoms prior to purchasing my M1. I was actually concerned that my use of another PEMF device had triggered the episode. However, my eye doctor tells me that at the age of 60 years, it is a normal and expected change for a large percentage of the population. I feel like my floaters and flashing have improved since using the M1, although I have experienced some periodic headaches, which I initially thought were related to eyestrain. However, based on reading about this in other threads, the headaches may actually be a temporary side effect of the treatment. The floaters and flashing are both significantly reduced since they started, but my eye doctor said that reduction happens normally over time by itself. So, I am not clear what role the PEMF actually played.

while it may be normal for it to reduce, what’s hard to determine is how much influence pemf had to speed up the process if at all. pemf seems to be a natural booster to healing for many different therapies.

I agree with you completely. I actually had the subjective sense that I might’ve been on the verge of a retinal tear. After using the M1 for a couple of weeks before my eye doctor appointment, my eye felt much better and I came out with a clean bill of health other than the PVD.

1 Like