Flux Health Forum

Post-Op Healing

Info on this forum indicates potential post surgical healing rate and pain reduction. The situation for my partner is that he will be undergoing the TURP (transurethral resection of prostate) for BPH (benign prostatic hyperplasia, i.e. enlarged gland). This asks if anyone has like experience to share or related. My confidence in PEMF is that, like other surgeries, it likely will help. Thanks :slight_smile:

Anecdotally, by way of comments without any actual data, the answer for this is uniformly positive.

1 Like

Thank you Bob, it’s SO encouraging to have this positive remedy when facing such situations. I share with many people who are ‘open’ to listening.

It would be very helpful for all of us if you could share how well this works for your partner, and any other observations you can share. It is helpful to know the most complete information, what works and what does not. This is most helpful.

I sure will. Am checking what average recovery looks like and I’ll monitor how he does and report back in the next weeks.

1 Like

I remain confident re improved healing w/ICES, but in my ‘worry mind’ I went on to consider the wearing of a catheter (outpatient) for up to a week following the ‘successful surgery’ this a.m. Is there any experience or caution regarding this? Don’t want any complications, given it wasn’t broached with the surgeon before hand, not wanting it to be advised against, because as is known this isn’t well known in the medical community…unfortunately :frowning: Tx for any input :slight_smile:

1 Like

I do not know of any reason why this would be a problem, and I have never heard any reports of any problems caused by this. Just try to keep everything clean.

1 Like

Reassuring…tx :slight_smile:
I’ve recently had another success w/ICES. I have been ‘driven to distraction’ for many months having a itchy area (of unknown cause but appearing internal) on mid spinal area. Ready to resort to a dermatologist visit, I applied my A9. After 3 days of lengthy use, on low setting, it has almost totally resolved. Much relief! Being near the spinal cord I had asked my Chiro if any concern, which he thought not, but expressed skepticism about it helping. Looking forward to reporting back to him, given this is new info for him.

1 Like

Hi, Rod Windle, Ph.D. (psychology) here. I’ve become convinced that the proper way to use PEMF is to use it a lot! I have always felt it has helped me, over the last five years, but my latest surgery has really convinced me.
Three weeks ago, I had surgery to repair an indirect inguinal hernia. I know this isn’t your situation, but at least it’s in the same area of the body!
I started PEMF (I have an M1) immediately upon coming out of anesthesia. I used Omni8 with five minute rest periods for 10 to 12 hours a day for the first week, and then every other day since then. Today, on day 21, the robotic incisions are completely healed, all swelling and bruising is gone, there has not been any pain for two weeks, the bruising in my testicles is gone, and everything feels completely normal. Just like most things with PEMF, this is an N of 1experiment, of course. But at age 73, I can honestly say I have never healed so quickly in my life! My advice is: use your device early, and often! Your cells will thank you.

2 Likes

Thank you Rod for sharing your impressive experience. I do have the A9 and M1, and being a novice I’m tending toward having him use the A9 given its simplicity (power on low probably). I don’t understand the “five minute rest periods” (might have missed this in forum discussion). Any input on this appreciated. Patient returning home today and is open to ICES use :slight_smile:

1 Like

That is very interesting, thanks. I will be thinking about what might explain that.

This is great information, thanks!

I can chime in here on the 5 minute rest period, at least its original design intent.

I had originally included rest periods in all ICES systems since gen 3.0 (this was about 10 years ago; currently the A9 is gen 5.0 and the M1 is gen 6.0)

It was originally designed as a 10-minute rest period (30 minutes ON, ten minutes OFF, cycle) because most biological systems require cyclic periods of activity and rest to function optimally. The ICES-PEMF technology is originally designed to emulate neuro-motor growth and development in utero, which follows the pattern of a few minutes of neuro-motor activation, followed by periods of inactivity. This goes in cycles, and is directly analogous to fetal movement (kicking, for example) in utero in humans (and all other mammals).

I have retained the rest periods as a legacy feature in M1 and C5/B5 protocols because, as with everything else, some people really like it, while others do not. Most people can immediately sense the rest periods when they begin because their pain suddenly comes back and they notice that the device is in some sort of “slumber” mode. Many people complained about the rest periods, so I removed them from more advanced versions of the model A9, and had the unit run a cycle of continuous (but occasionally changing) pulse patterns with no rest period.

But some other people complained that this was too much and wanted a rest period at the end of each cycle. So, I reintroduced these rest periods as an option in the list of pulse protocols for gen 5.0 and 6.0 devices.

My technical conclusions:
1- People definitely have different needs and preferences. One size does not fit all, at least as far as PEMF is concerned.
2- This is a pretty compelling demonstration that ICES-PEMF is not a placebo. If it were, no one would notice it when it shifts into “rest” mode. But most people certainly do notice the change. This is analogous to a “cross-over” controlled experiment. There is definitely a difference between “no PEMF” and “PEMF”

For inflammation (where there’s no pain), and if you have a device with that feature, why not use the protocol with rest periods?

But for pain I can understand not wanting that.

1 Like

yes, that seems to be the best overall strategy, from what I have observed.

1 Like

Thank you Bob for the refresher re ‘rest’, now I do recall reading about this at my beginning w/ICES. When it was mentioned I feared it was something I needed to do, i.e. monitor it, but built into the units great, great tech!

1 Like

Yeah, it’s just a useful option. And your need for it will vary. Sometimes the rest peroid works better for me, for some injuries (my shoulder, for example), but sometimes no rest period works best for me. So I think having the option is important.

1 Like

Post-op experience proved nearly fatal! Recovery from the prostate surgery (TURP) appeared positive, using the A9, but 17 days afterward a trip to the ER due to increased lethargy and respiratory distress resulted from clot formations in the lungs. It was a very close call, extraordinary care in the ICU was life saving, recovery still ongoing. My takeaway is that clot formation as a potential surgery complication, IF this is what it was, is not common knowledge and the related symptoms should be red flagged. We didn’t recognize them. There is address on the web but it must specifically be called up. I have since learned of another similar situation, joint replacement, but the person, early middle age, died. A very hard learning here.

glad you lived to tell the story. I’m sorry you had to deal with that… why didn’t the doctor or anyone there warn all risks from common to not so common?? this is their field, and sure, ultimately our responsibility, but pemf should be experimental/learn as we we go… not conventional care/standard of care.

this is the kind of negligence i am disgusted with from mainstream healthcare… this shouldn’t be a surprise for the “experts”…

Self advocacy is crucial and ability to ask the right questions at the right time, be as informed as possible, communicate with others, value of this forum :pray: