Flux Health Forum

PEMF To help Older Women with dryness, lack of sensitivity and libido?

As women move past menopause they experience dryness, soreness and resulting reduced libido. Areas that used to feel great have lost sensitivity. Has anyone tried using ICES PEMF to help rejuvinate tissues and nerve endings in the fun zones? I don’t see any entries on this topic elsewhere, but let me know if I missed that please.

Haven’t done that, but bio-identical hormones do mostly the trick, when one knows what to measure, how to interpret and what to do how. Since it is a regulative issue of complex feedbacks and different hormones are produced in different organs and tissues, I think ICES can not do “the trick”. I would maybe try the hypothalamus area on low intensity - but that is only one of many things involved.

Best,
Hans

Thanks for the thoughtful response. Bioidentical hormones caused some complications for her. Interestingly, red light therapy has been notably helpful with localized treatment, which perhaps is why the question about PEMF came to mind.

Red Light works o the whole body cell/energy metabolism. ICES works more locally in my opinion. For that reason I use red light, IR, finish sauna, ICES and a fully body mat, whereby the price/value on full body mat is the least good.

With bioidentical hormones it is not simple. You have to take a “grand” look and then start in the right way with the right dose (or increment), which is many times gender and age specific, applied or taken in the right form (some oral, some cream and NOT oral) and when cream then the right place. Most doctors have no clue, even the ones which say that they have or have written a book about it.

Interesting. I have personally felt red light has more localized effect for me and ICES PEMF has both strong local and strong systemic effects for me. I use both plus sauna as well.