Flux Health Forum

PEMF questions

I have a 17yo son who is a high level high school baseball pitcher being recruited for college play. He just fractured the sublime tubercle of the ulna where the ulnar collateral ligament inserts. Tommy John surgery will take him out 10-16 months. I’m looking to PRP the joint and then immobilize it for 4+ weeks to see if the disunion will heal on it’s own.
Looking at Exogen ultrasound bone healing device and the M1 PEMF.

1. Can the PEMF be used close to; if not touching; a cover metal strip of the brace?
  2. What are the common PEMF settings for bone. I know they recommend 8+hrs of use but what specific settings for bone regrowth
  3. What are the thoughts on using Exogen ultrasound and PEMF together?
    thanks

These are just my opinions, not medical advice:

1- Can the PEMF be used close to; if not touching; a cover metal strip of the brace?
Maybe, probably if it is relatively small, but it may cause a tingling sensation (minor) for a day or two.

2- What are the common PEMF settings for bone. I know they recommend 8+hrs of use but what specific settings for bone regrowth.
I would use Omni-8 on “H” for at least 6-8 hours every day (and/or night)

3- What are the thoughts on using Exogen ultrasound and PEMF together?
thanks. Probably not a problem, but unknown. You may risk damaging the ultrasound device, but I think it unlikely, but possible.