Flux Health Forum

PEMF, oxidative stress and hormesis

Hi,

I understand PEMF can lower the impact of ROS by improving antioxidant protection and reducing inflammation. However, I’ve heard mixed information on whether this is through a hormetic mechanism. Are many of PEMF’s benefits mediated by increasing oxidative stress/iNOS so that the body upregulates protection?

The implication being is in some diseases/with some SNPs, these protection mechanisms may already be overstressed so that additional stimulation through PEMF would be detrimental. Is there any indication this a valid concern?

I have not seen any indication that this is a valid concern. And keep in mind: the actual mechanisms of action of PEMF remain poorly elucidated, inflammation is wildly more complex and unknown than is generally appreciated, and you really can’t find much at all about PEMF (properly applied) causing any problems such as this… not in more than 6 decades of scientific study.

1 Like

without science currently defining accurately what’s going on, I’ve always accepted the possibility that pemf allows the body’s cells to operate more optimally.

when operating with “less friction,” which effectively allows better healing, detox, and metabolic functioning (by anecdotal observations and pubmed studies suggesting such results), it’s fair to at least assume the body can better handle oxidative stress.

at least this is my laymen’s terms observations.

in the end, I’m glad we don’t have to completely understand how this works to benefit from pemf. it is helpful that we have an actual scientist inventor behind the micro pulse tech hardware to explain and summarize many decades of hands-on experimenting, study, and collaboration with others in or related to the field and the industry’s market of tech.

1 Like