Flux Health Forum

PEMF Lung Function

Anyone have any experience using the device with lung diseases? Pleural effusion?

Years ago, shortly after we started the company Micro-Pulse, there were several people who used the gen 4.0 and 5.0 Micro-Pulse systems (the P2 and the original model A9) specifically for this purpose. In one case, a very nice elderly woman named Phyllis had become one of our best customers. She was buying an A9 system from us about every 2 or 3 weeks for a few months.

I reached out to her to better understand how she was using the A9. I just assumed that she was using it as a gift for family and friends. But she told me a much more interesting story. Upon a recommendation from her doctor, she had tried PEMF for her gradually worsening thoracic swelling and inflammation. Her effusion was making it progressively difficult for her to breathe, and the general thoracic swelling was causing widespread problems.

She told me that her first A9 gave her such relief that she could easily see in the mirror where the side of her chest where she had used the A9 overnight had visibly reduced swelling. She promptly bought another A9 to have one for each side of her chest. She then bought two more to be able to treat her chest in quadrants.

Eventually she was using up to seven A9 systems simultaneously at various locations on her body while she slept. Her effusion was also greatly reduced, and she no longer had trouble breathing.

Interestingly, she told me that the super-powerful PEMF systems she had tried in a clinic had been somewhat helpful, but only for a day or so, and this meant she would have to essentially go to the clinic for treatments every day.

She had also tried the “whole-body” mats offered by some companies, but they definitely did not work over her entire chest. I have since learned (and calculated, and measured) that no one really makes a PEMF mat that covers a whole body, even though many claim to do so. The size of their effects is always quite small, limited to about 1 or 2 inches from the pad in all directions.

When Phyllis told me her story and how she was using the system, that’s when I started to think about designing a multi-channel ICES-PEMF system for people who need to use the technology this way, which eventually lead to the model B5 and then the C5.

The other people who had used the A9 for lung and thoracic swelling also gave a lot of favorable feedback, but Phyllis was very animated about it, and was quick to tell me how much the A9 had improved her life.

So, while I understand that I have a fair amount of confirmation bias for the usefulness of ICES-PEMF for this specific application, I am nonetheless under the impression that it can be very effective.

Do you know where and how she was placing coils?

All over her thorax and abdomen, adjusting them and trying new strategies using the basic guidelines we have posted many times on this forum, and noting the effects until she found coil placements that worked for her.

1 Like

the coil placements (configurations), explicitly described here:

What program on A9? Is there just the one program?

Yes, just one pulse protocol: Omni-8

This is because, based on extensive field testing many years ago, most people found this pulse protocol to be most effective for most things. Keep in mind, no one thing works for all people all the time for all conditions.

My mum had pneumonia and a pleural effusion. We usually treated the pneumonia and the pleural effusion disappeared. However she had the PEMF unit set up on her chair so that whenever she sat down in it she’d get pulsed. That always seemed to improve her energy levels.

Her main problem was that she had anemia because of diverticulitis (bleeding). If her haemoglobin was OK everything else normalised including the pleural effusion. The PEMF also helped to stop the bleeding… but it was often difficult to work out when and where to apply it.

:slight_smile: