Flux Health Forum

PEMF Intensities, Placement of Coils and PEMF Mat

I have two M1s that I have been using around the clock to treat extensive nerve damage. This year has been unusually rough for me, and while I have developed a high tolerance for pain, this has got to be the most intense. I just sent one M1 back to you @Bob for repairs, so it’s going to be an even rougher two weeks as I wait for it to get it back, but as I’m waiting, I’d like to ask a couple of questions:

1. With the cooler temperatures, my pain ramps up even more and I wear much bulkier sweaters to keep my circulation going. I’m wondering, should I increase the intensity of the M1 to compensate for the bulky clothing? I’m currently applying an intensity of 10 to the stacked coils applied on my spine and alternating on two areas of my hip joints where the pain is most intense. While the one on the spine does seem to help tremendously with the nerve pain on all 4 limbs, especially the fingers, the two areas on my hip seem to not see much benefit. I have had to keep my weight off the right hip, because it has been excruciatingly painful especially when I walk or lie down to sleep. Should I be applying a stronger intensity? Or instead of stacked coils, place the coils in opposite-side configuration? I cannot, for the life of me understand why the M1 does not seem to be working for the hip pain.

X-rays ruled out arthritis, so my physician thinks the nerve damage has gotten worse. The hip areas affected: bilateral sacroiliac joint and ilioinguinal nerve that runs from hip to groin.

1. I have been keeping up with the news on the forum @Bob, of a PEMF mat in the works. Any idea of how long before you see fruition? As with many of us, it cannot be soon enough!

I have not been taking any analgesics as those do not seem to give me any relief and I am reluctant to rely on prescriptive drugs. Instead, I do a lot of heat therapy and exercise (two hours a day) to get the circulation going, drink very concentrated ginger water to reduce inflammation and practice meditation to help control the pain. Any other suggestion for treating the pain would be very much appreciated.

My work with the group that is developing the hair re-growth technology has me thinking of better possible strategies for a PEMF mat. Simply making a large array of our current 40mm diameter coils does not work impressively.

In answer to Question #1, hip pain:
Back/spinal pain seems to be a very different thing, with very different tissues involved, compared to hip pain. For back pain, of many specific types, all together, ICES-PEMF seems to work very well to reduce or eliminate pain, at a success rate of 93.5% or better.

Hip pain involves very different types of tissues with different mechanisms of wear and damage and injury. So far as I can tell, ICES-PEMF only works about 50% of the time for hip pain. The results can be highly variable from case to case.

My personal experience with hip pain is that I was able to use a very early prototype of the model A9 to completely eliminate the pain in my right hip, and it remained pain-free for more than a decade. Many years later, when I had what felt like very similar pain in my left hip, I found that no strategy with the A9, or M1, or C5 worked at all for me. According to the surgeon studying my x-rays, he said that both hips had worn in almost an exactly equal way. So, I have no Idea why ICES-PEMF worked so well on my right hip, but not at all on my left hip years later.

So, it is probably not a matter that you are doing something wrong. It is probably that, for hip pain, ICES-PEMF just has a much lower success rate (about 50%) than it has for back pain (more than 93%).

And trust me, I tested this thoroughly: When it was not working for my left hip, I did all kinds of crazy things, built huge coils with ultra-powerful pulse generators, etc. Nothing worked on my left hip. But a simple A9 had worked perfectly for my right hip years earlier. And unfortunately I have no Idea why there was such a huge difference.

I believe you @Bob. Thank you for the information. While it explains why I haven’t seen the same effectiveness as in treating nerve pain, it is helpful in a way to know that it wasn’t something I did. It also is very humbling to know that you have tried everything and still see such variable results on different hips!

I haven’t relied just solely on the M1 to get results and I will continue to search for other ways to seek improvement. The interesting thing is that the hip pain varies from day to day, even hour to hour: sometimes, excruciating, and sometimes barely any pain, and I can’t see what it is that can be affecting it.

We’ve entered our rainy/winter season and that could account for more pain if it was arthritis which tests have ruled out, but I do find, intense exercise and lots of heat therapy does help a lot. I would guess that’s improving the circulation.

Nevertheless, even though the M1 is not helping very much, the information you’ve provided here is still helpful to some degree, knowing that results can be variable. Thanks very much!