Flux Health Forum

PEMF for Bell's Palsy?

Is there any research on the use of PEMF for recovery from Bell’s Palsy/Ramsey Hunt Syndrome?

I experienced Ramsey Hunt about 3.5 years ago. While I’ve regained most of the facial movement on that side of my face, I now have synkinesis (unwanted facial movements). My eye squints when I pucker my lips, smile and often when I eat. When I smile some of the muscles around the corner of my mouth pull down a little bit, so I do not have a symmetrical smile.

I’ve started seeing a chiropractor for some acupuncture. He used a PEMF on me yesterday, and I’m a little apprehensive. From what I understand, synkinesis happens because the nerves don’t “grow back” in the proper places (causing the unwanted movements). How will PEMF impact that? Can it help to get the nerves “back in place”?

Thank you!
Laura

I have not done research on Bell’s Palsy specifically, but anecdotally, several people have tried it and reported very positive results back to me.

I also lost sensation and movement on the left side of my face about 12 years ago, and by experimenting with coil placement around my face and cranial nerves, I was able to restore sensation by about 75% - 80%, and movement by 100%.

2 Likes

how long after having that condition did you finally get to apply pemf to that area to restore sensation and movement? and how long did that recovery take?

I had been experiencing the problem for several months before trying PEMF on it (it started very mild), but the results have still been very good.

What is the difference between your PEMF devices and diathermy equipment?

Very different in basically every way. They both use electricity, so they have something in common, but not in the same way.

Hi, I had paralysis also, fallowing the moderna vax. Could you tell me what frequency you used?Thanks

Default settings: Omni-8 at intensity = 9, coils stacked.

Not the same as bell’s palsy but here is my anecdote with trigger finger (frozen finger): After the vax, extended family member had trigger finger on both hands. Bought her M1 and she used Omni-8 Intensity 9 and it went away on the first finger after a week or so , then moved it the other finger and it went away after another week. Both fingers fully functional and she didn’t have to have her ligaments cut/ restitched as her doctor recommended.

1 Like

@TajD, yup, I have heard exactly that experience too, more than once.

1 Like