Flux Health Forum

PEMF for Bell's Palsy?

Does PEMF help with Bell’s Palsy? I had Bell’s Palsy (actually Ramsey Hunt) about 3.5 years ago and while I’ve regained most of my facial movements, I now suffer from synkinesis (unwanted facial movements). Some examples are when I pucker my lips or smile (and sometimes when I eat/chew) my eye squints. Also when I close my eyes, my cheek raises slightly. My smile is also asymmetrical due to this.

From what I understand, synkinesis is the improper healing (mis-wiring) of the facial nerve. I’m seeing a chiropractor who believes a little acupuncture and exposure to PEMF can help to bring back full function.

Do you have any experience with this or similar facial nerve dysfunction?

Thank you!
Laura

Several people in the past have asked me about this application, and have tried it. The anecdotal consensus was that ICES-PEMF was very helpful, the thinking being that it reduced neuroinflammation and generally improved nerve function and nerve healing.

I don’t have hard data from controlled scientific studies, but I can say that it has been very helpful for me, and anyone else that I know of who had tried it for facial neuropathies.

1 Like