Flux Health Forum

PEMF Causing Pain?

This question is directed at @Bob and anyone else who might have experienced something similar:

I’ve been using the M1 in treating my neuropathy round the clock and so far, though I still get pain, it’s been much reduced. Recently, I’ve also joined a meditation healing group where volunteers heal each other by passing healing energy through the chakras. Even during these half hour healing sessions, I usually keep the M1 devices running as I receive healing, that is until some of the healers reacted in pain.

If it was just one person, I would have chalked it up to coincidence, but it’s been two people so far, and I’m not sure if there is any lasting harm to this experience— it doesn’t appear to be any.

During the healing sessions, one to three healers lay their hands on various parts of the body where they pass healing energy to treat pain or illness for half an hour to an hour as the person being treated sits quietly meditating. During one session, when I had the coils placed on my spine, one of the healers accidentally brushed over the coils and reacted quite suddenly, saying she felt sharp pain as if something zapped her.

A second time occurred with another person who also said it felt like he was being electrocuted. The pain was sharp but didn’t last more than a few minutes before fading away.

However, it was enough that I decided to turn off the devices before every healing session. I’m just wondering if anyone else has ever experienced something similar. At the time, I had two M1s with the coils stacked on my back and spine. I didn’t feel any pain, just the healers did.

From what I read (e.g. Oschmans book “Energy Medicine”) and extrapolate by experience people which have real healing qualities ad/or can sense things by laying hands onto you - those have heighten senses. PEMF have an electromagnetic field and that can, in my opinion, disturb / interact with heighten senses.

My better part for example can feel “tingeing” when using or near to wireless phones and also the action of ICES - but latter not uncomfortable, when appropriately used with a reasonable intensity. In that case you know “what you get” or have to expect. In your case the person was not expecting that and opened her/his senses to subtile levels and the being given the sledge-hammer. Thats at least my analogy.

Best,
Hans

I have never heard a report involving painful sensations like this. But I would pay attention to this and not just disregard it out-of-hand.

As I always say: people respond differently. Some people are much more sensitive than others. Compounding that, if already sensitive people intentionally put themselves into a state of heightened sensitivity, such as states of healing or empathy, then we can reasonably expect them to become even more sensitive.

Also, consider that we know that the effects of ICES-PEMF, and PEMF in general, are persistent, lasting for hours or days, sometimes much longer. So, in my opinion, discontinuing use in consideration of the safety of others is a good Idea, and you are unlikely to forego the benefits of PEMF by shutting it off for a while, because those effects and benefits do persist for quite a while after use.

I think out of respect for these people and with abundant caution, I think you are wise to discontinue use of your M1 whenever there is any possible risk to anyone.

Hmm, thank you both for the input. It didn’t happen with other healers, just these two and I wondered at the time if they were more sensitive. The coils were stacked, at an intensity of 10. Overall, I figured the output of these devices would be very low and unlikely to have any lasting harmful effects, but nevertheless it must have been a very unpleasant feeling for these two individuals. I haven’t dared to use the M1s again during the healing sessions since.

And in hindsight I now recall, the man who experienced the pain had also told me in the past that he generally avoided electronic devices on his person when meditating because some of them such as his wristwatch would stop working afterwards. So, Hans, using your analogy of the “sledgehammer,” perhaps that interaction goes both ways!

@Serenity my Japanese Acupuncturist has also been trained in Osteopathic Manual Manipulation (like Oschman) and he can only handle M1 on power level 1. He said it is a very pure regenerative signal and overwhelms him on higher levels. He has been energetically able to sense pathogens and help shift our health greatly using the combined modalities he is trained in.

At one time I would not have thought anyone could be that sensitive, but I am starting to believe otherwise now. After all, it’s not that farfetched when I consider my own hyperacunesia which a psychologist once pointed out to me when he was researching the condition that affects 10% of the world’s population in which their 5 senses are heightened when under stress – At times, I can smell people’s body odours on the bus even in winter when they wear bulky winter clothing, or my own heartbeat would keep me awake at night. Very fortunately so far, the M1’s constant clicking does not appear to be so irritating for me.

Were the healers aware that you were wearing a device as they were doing their thing?

That is an interesting quote!

Which protocol did you use, or may be he did refer to the impuls-shape, which is the same in all protocols.

Best,
Hans

P.S.: My better part now wears our new B5 and within minutes her sporadic pain-points at her shoulder (really swollen areas with tightend fascia) become painless. When the pain subsides she can feel (an not at all uncomfortable) tingling crawling up her neck, check and even besides her eyes (B5, Omni1, 2 x stacked coils, Power 11).

The two people who were negatively affected by the M1s knew I was wearing them. Some other healers knew too, though when I wear them, it’s not always obvious, depending on the clothing I wear. I didn’t make any attempt to hide the devices, so I think some were aware, but perhaps some weren’t. I think many of the healers were used to seeing people with paraphernalia as the centre where we gathered is a government nonprofit disability centre that gives assistance to people in need, so very people there would question what I use.