Flux Health Forum

Pelvic pain

Hi I am thinking of buying the A9 for pelvic pain has anyone on here tried it for this?.Also does it only work for pain while it is on the body working or does it give you pain free time when not wearing the device?

It’s generally remedial. I can have it fix pain and when I am not wearing the device, the pain remains gone. Some pain is constantly being produced and may require frequent treatments.

I’ve used the deep field coils around my prostate/anal area and it has an amazing positive effect. I don’t have pelvic pain per se but I wouldn’t hesitate to use it if I did.

Thank you for your informative reply very helpful

One of my colleagues, an OB/GYN, has used ICES-PEMF as part of her successful clinical procedures for female pelvic pain. She is a well-respected physician, and she tells me it works well.

More generally, the effects of PEMF seem to be persistent, especially with pain, because PEMF is not one of those crude “pain signal blocking” devices such as TENS. It also seems to depend on the type of pain: for back pain the effects typically last hours, or days for some people, for example. In some cases, if the pain arises from a chronic injury and chronic pathologic inflammation, ICES-PEMF may allow the tissue to heal, which permanently corrects the causative problem. Often this seems to be the case for chronic pain and “micro-fractures” of the skeletal system, especially in the hands and feet. Individual responses vary, so if you try it, it would be helpful if you reported what you tries and then how well it worked for you on this forum.

related, but off topic question…

when you (Bob or anyone too) see a consistent cluster of reviews coming in over time of anecdotes for some natural remedy (i.e., pemf, ozone therapy, boron, etc) and some references to studies that almost always suggest further investigation is required, do you find it worthwhile/feasible to try for yourself to see if you get the benefits they talk about?

i have found this, so far, to be true for pemf, silica, and ozone (oxidative therapies) that the benefits mostly match the top 3 claims of the masses (anecdotes over the years from forum or reviews).

my second related and off topic question:
have you explored/tried boron? the data from both PubMed and anecdotes trend/tend to helping get calcium to the places needed, mitigating and even resolving (anecdotal) osteoarthritis with dexa reported by others supporting that…

with that said, i wonder if people with needs of hip or knee replacement would benefit with pemf in that boron is a raw material that could help directly and indirectly in the healing and filling in of deficits as suggested by both studies and anecdotes/testimonials.

bonus: do you/have you supplemented with boron? it’s something I’ve looked into and started for last 2 weeks not out of need, but more for prevention and maintenance.

yes, I actually do. When I see a cluster of reports of interest to me, I use my common sense, basic background in physiology etc, and I factor in all the dark things I know about marketing and academic science and mainstream medicine. Then I check the source material.

In some cases, the cluster of new information will tend to harmonize with what I already know or have tried, in which case I give it bonus points.

I am fortunate in that I have pretty strong B.S. detectors, and I can usually tell right away when someone is spewing nonsense pseudoscience. This is a skill that takes decades of familiarization with technical and scientific work. This, by the way, IMO, is why everyone has the responsibility to get a good education. Otherwise you become click-bait-fodder for the mainstream media or other bad people on social media.

First, there are different kinds of “clusters of reports”. This has been happening in academic science for decades, and now it happens in social media too. The reason this happens I think is because most people really do not know more than a few major insights into a problem. This is great, but it is not enough to sustain an academic science career, or a YouTuber health guru career. These are hungry machines that require constant new material to keep people engaged, so inevitably some people start picking up on and bandwagoning whatever new thing they hear; they dress it up a bit with their “research”, then present it as if they have an important contribution to make or they have some deep knowledge about it.

These people might have started with one good and useful insight (for example: be sure to take vitamin K2 with vitamin D3 for all the various reasons), but then they get dragged into creating an endless stream of re-hashed nonsense. So, if the “cluster of reports” looks like this, then I usually disregard it. If, on the other hand, the cluster of reports happens over time (years) and is reported by people who are independent, then I am much more likely to believe it.

Then, if it all seems reasonable, I might give it a try (being careful to do so intelligently). I have found quite a number of helpful things this way. And many are just now something I am willing to try (boron for example, I started about a week ago).

Then, finally, you have to be honest with yourself. Much of what you try will not have miracle effects, much will take years to realize and it will be subtle, and then how do you manage that long-term?