Flux Health Forum

Paying with a Health Savings Account (HSA)

Not sure if this is on-topic here, but can you use an HSA to pay for an ICES device?

it’s considered a consumer device not specific for medical use. i don’t think you can qualify for using hsa as much as you cannot use to purchase a cell phone or other consumer devices

1 Like

Do you have a Dr who will write a prescription for you?
I’ve had good luck deducting PEMF devices(with a prescription)from my taxes.
Not familiar with HSA requirements but it might make a difference.

pemf as a prescription? wow that would be great… how did they pull that off?? I’d like to see if i can get that done… rx for an experimental device?? what was the script instructions exactly?

Hi optimal
I wrote this ; letter out for my Dr and he agreed to put it on his letterhead and sign it. That is how I get most of my medical necessity letters. I use this for taxes and airline travel to get free luggage for my PEMF mat system. However, I haven’t been able to travel by air since the pandemic. I have heard that the airlines have been much more unfair with this policy according to some friends.

I am writing on behalf of Patient,___, to document the medical necessity of daily use of the “Pemf product name” for the treatment of the following FDA approved diagnoses urinary incontinence, muscle stimulation, fibromyalgia & insomnia.
Pemf has CPT code E0761 Non-thermal pulsed high-frequency radiowave, high peak power electromagnetic energy treatment device.
Patient,
, needs to utilize this device for a minimum of 9 hours a day to continue her treatment.
In summary, PEMF therapy mat is equipment that is medically necessary for this patients medical condition.

Hope this can help.

2 Likes

wow… I’ll have to look into this and see how it goes. thank you for sharing! learning something new all the time… haha

1 Like