Flux Health Forum

Papilloma under eye lid

For a growth under the eyelid (sty that shifted and created a bulging growth under the eye lid), does anyone have any suggestions for what setting to use on an M1 device, I’m waiting for an optomologist appt. and I don’t relish the idea of someone snipping skin that close to my eye? Time is of the essence as my insurance will be lapsing soon - pressure to make a decision! I appreciate any input…Elizabeth

Might respond in a similar way:
For an abscess, people have had success with the default setting using stacked coils:
Omni-8, intensity = 9

1 Like

Thank you for taking time out of your busy schedule to answer Dr. Dennis. Yes, Omni-8 at 9 intensity sounds good to me. The challenge will be to fit THIS therapy into my shedule. I’m using my device on Delta some nights for sleep (for naps also) and on my inflammed bicep muscles. The M1 is truly a Devadatta (Sanskrit for Gift of God). It cleared up my knee problem quickly, when it “went out” recently. I wore it only two days and one night under my " elastic knee brace". I’ll make a note here when i see progress with my eye. Thanks again.

Hi Eliza_Jane, in addition to ICES PEMF, I imagine you have tried this, but thought to share: when I get those (sty turned visible growth), I find extremely hot (almost so hot that it is too hot) wash cloth for 30min to 1 hour (I have to keep putting rewetting the washcloth on very hot water at ~145F) on exactly the point of the growth and it typically goes away within 3 days.

1 Like

Thank you for your interest Taj. I’ll try that the next time I get a visible stye. This moved under my eye lid, leaving a small bump. It seems that it’s something “seniors” are susceptible to. Go figure, that’s a label I never thought I’d accept - but some days-it’s easier to be a couch potatoe than affirm my immortality!!!

1 Like

Status of eye therapy. I’ve been using the M1 stacked coils, Omni8 @ 9 power for almost three months with a one week break -not a good idea-because the conditioned worsened. Amount of therapy: 1/2 hr to 1 hr almost every day. Once I restarted applying the coils again (after a week of letting it go) and I saw improvement right away so I haven’t stopped. Now, I’m noticing the conditioned has worsened again, obstructing my vision. Anyone have suffestions as to if I should increase the length of time i cover my eye with the coils? That video on turmeric treatment for the eye (NutritionalFactd.org) was informative and helpful. I read something contray and stopped taking tumeric. Is there a herb doctor that prescribes tumeric eye drops somewhere? (you never know)

Hopeful news. There’s a chance this condition isn’t getting worse. Since part of the growth under the eyelid became visible, obstruction part of my vision, I assumed it was problematic, naturally. Now, after flipping up my lid to look closer, I’m thinking there’s a chance it might be actually trying to detach and slough itself off (since it’s no longer a bump but more like a ball shape, albiet, flat) I hope my instinct is right but I’ll let an opthalmologist look at it in a couple of weeks (waiting list) and until then, I’ll contine using the M1 coils for at least 1/2 hr a day as I have been. One positive about using the M1 coils is that at the end of the day, my eye is not red and sore!

1 Like

That would be a good development. A bit longer usage time each day might help things along.

1 Like

From the National Library of Medicine website, I found the following comment : "One study found intralesional interferon to treat a large eyelid papilloma successfully. A larger study involving 64 patients with eyelid papilloma-like lesions found that using a radiofrequency unit for lesion removal was safe and effective. In this study, 72% of the lesions treated were squamous papillomas. " This may have more meaning to you all then me. Sorry they don’t elaborate on how the radiofrequency was applied.

They might be talking about radio frequency ablation to burn off the lesion. That is a totally different technology, entirely unrelated to PEMF which is non-thermal, non-ablative.

1 Like