Flux Health Forum

Pancreatic Insufficiency

Latest GI MAP was super clean after all our gut work however elastase still very low ~150 and still chronic pain and diarrhea. Known history of Aspergillus mold poisoning (now resolved) which I hypothesis damaged the pancreas.

Has anyone used ICES PEMF for pancreatic insufficiency? Thinking of trying the the C5 Mat on power 15 between belly button and xiphoid process. Vital Nutrients Pancreatic Enzymes raise the Elastase levels above 500 but don’t solve the abdominal pain and diarrhea.

@Bob Given the location of the pancreas (inner abdomen area), do you think c5 Omni-8 Intensity 15 with 2 pairs of deep field coils over pancreas is a better approach than C5 Mat Omni-8 Intensity 15?

I think you are probably right. But often I find that the effects of PEMF are mo simply a matter of “Gauss penetration depth”. In my experience, deep tissue effects are often seen with very little depth of penetration. I think this is because the human body is a system, not just a collection of unconnected parts.

Also, it is typically very difficult to tell whether PEMF is having a desired effect on deep organs such as the pancreas. But if you have a biomarker, some sort of test of function that you can run several times with little risk or expense, then the thing to do in my opinion is to monitor pancreatic function, start at a lower intensity level, check versus baseline, then adjust the intensity up or down based on the quantitative biomarker results, try again for a few days, measure again, adjust again, and repeat the process. With just a few iterations, if you have quantitative feedback from a biomarker (measurement), then you will zero-in on a good set of parameters pretty quickly.

Thanks! I personally like the mat for this application, because 1) I think I don’t have to be as precise with the location, 2) it will accommodate the reality that the ace wrap will likely move around a bit 3) it might give positive benefit to other areas of the upper abdomen… Elastase is the biomarker, but more immediately obvious will be impact on mood, cognition and bowels. We are definitely seeing a positive impact on mood when using high doses of pancreatic enzymes which makes me want to pursue the angle of mycotoxin induced pancreatitis.

OK, if you can detect the effects, you should share them on the forum.