Flux Health Forum

One coil ?!

Hi everyone.
I have a technical, maybe weird question;
What will happen if If I use a single coil instead of two ? Will the ICES in this case act as a “typical” “non-ICES” PEMF ?? and will the EMF act in this case ? and will it be a useful variation of the PEMF in the micro pulse devices?? Please explain…
Many thanks.

1 Like

Curious about this also, @Bob

Thank you.

1 Like

One coil will work fine by itself, with the exact same ICES waveform, etc.
It will just have half the power of two combined.

2 Likes

thank you!

So, is there an advantage to opposing bumpy-side-out coils, say on each side of one’s wrist, as opposed to another configuration like side-by-side-touching? @bob

Yes, while a single coil will work just fine (albeit with lower intensity than 2 coils), the advantage of two coils includes:
-More intensity when you stack them.
-The ability to combine them to change the direction of the magnetic flux lines (stacked vs. side-by-side vs. opposite sides, etc.)

1 Like

does it make a diff if you do side by side but have each one in diff direction than other? for example, one bumpy touching other one smooth on skin…

Well, honestly, tracing magnetic flux lines for anything but the simplest coil configurations is extremely complex and technical, and you’d need a detailed description of the exact geometry of all coils, etc…

You don’t need to know or worry about any of that. I’ve boiled it down to three simple configurations you can try, and the only way to know if one of them has the desired biological effect is to try them and see:
1- Stacked
2- Side-by-side
3- Opposite sides

1 Like

haha ok thx… will keep it simple and work with that thx

Curious @Bob, if one coil produces only half the intensity, could we not counter that with using the single coil by doubling the intensity? So for example, if we normally applied an intensity of 5 to something with two coils, we could apply an intensity of 10 with one coil?

That is approximately correct.

Details for engineering nerds: The relationship between “intensity” setting and output energy is not linear for either the A9 or the M1/C5/B5 architecture due to:
1- DAC bandwidth limitations
2- Non-zero offset for extrapolation of low output levels.

1 Like

Huh, I suspected it wouldn’t be so simple. Thanks.

Well, I would say that it is close enough to be useful in a practical way. But it is not precisely technically correct. But it is a good approximation.

Im trying to see if it will work for my fibromyalgia and sleep issues but i have no idea once i buy it what frequency to use does it come with many instructions

There is of course no magical frequency, individual responses vary, so it takes a bit of trial and error. A good place to start for almost everything is the default settings on the device when you buy it.

Fibro - consider using Onmi-8 pulse protocol, but usually somewhat higher intensities are required, so try an intensity setting of 11 to 13. This works extremely well for me, but it can take a week or two to really have an effect. Then, continue using the device once pain subsides, to continue the recovery process. Wear it for as long as possible, every day (and night if possible).

Sleep - totally different from fibro. People vary widely. First: DO NOT JUST STRAP IT ON AND GO TO SLEEP. You need to determine how well you tolerate the device.

Consider a slow pulse pattern such as delta or theta wave, definitely start with low intensity, 5 or lower. Initially use for short periods to determine your tolerance, start with no more than 10-15 minutes WHILE AWAKE AND ALERT.

1 Like