Flux Health Forum

New PEMF Device

Another interesting PEMF device I came across.
https://cbalance.health/

When I read this, I went hmmm… - "Dr. Rainer Viehweger alongside the engineers at RedHealth have incorporated these NASA study results in all the RedHealth wearable PEMF devices’ design with their magnetic field output in the Micro Tesla range, their Pulse frequency range varying between 1Hz – 100Hz and a rapid time varying waveform.

Uncle Bob, (@Bob) I know you had a few “incidents” with people and NASA research.
Is that something you would say has possible legitimacy, or not so much?
I KNOW - it is a difficult one to comment on some of the product out there.
A “No comment” will also be fine! :grinning:
Much appreciated.

So far as I know:
As published, the NASA study had nothing to do whatsoever with the product shown. (https://ntrs.nasa.gov/archive/nasa/casi.ntrs.nasa.gov/20030075722.pdf)
The people involved with that product had nothing to do whatsoever with the research done at NASA.
These people do not have a license or any technology transfer agreement with NASA, which I would know, because NASA would have sent them to me for the technical details, and then I would have been paid royalties for it.
I do not see any connection whatsoever, but about 6 or 7 years ago NASA did send out a series of cease-and-desist letters to the many PEMF companies that were making similar fraudulent claims about the source of their PEMF technology.
Nonetheless, if you can cheerfully tolerate fraudulent representations, it is possible that they pirated the older technology well enough that their technology might do something useful. Dozens of companies have done so in the past.

3 Likes

have been watching dr. pawluk, and he seems to be promoting pulse flex - portable unit. i’m kinda surprised he’s advocating for that over your unit… are you familiar w/pulse flex and their technology? (https://flexpulse.com/flexpulse-pemf-device/) looks like they have a tester like you for coils. hmmm…

Dr. Pawlik promotes the flexpulse because he makes it. He and Dr. Dennis made a portable device together before the flexpulse , so their tech may have similarities, but Dr. Dennis has made improvements in ICES devices since then.

This is actually sad!
Quoted from the site - “When it comes to research studies, it does not get any better than NASA”
Put a BIG NASA logo on your site and and it is literally “Bob’s your uncle” :smile:

They can actually have something that does something useful as you mentioned BUT why use NASA to give legitimacy to your product, or rather give the impression of legitimacy?
Some people like me dig and dig and “research” claims from all angles.
Most other people see NASA and they buy.

The best testimonial of you I found( a while back) on another “health hack” site.
It speaks volumes -
"My Take Away
Dr. Dennis is a really sweet guy and is a better person than me.

I got the sense that Dr. Dennis is doing this to create the best invention possible to benefit the maximum number of people, and as long as he’s got what he needs to live, he doesn’t care about more.

I’m not easily fooled, as I think that 99% of the world is full of nonsense – but Dr. Dennis seems sincere."

dr. dennis IS the real deal… it is frustrating that there is no standard to hold pemf co’s to.

I will continue to do my best to not disappoint anyone. Thanks for your votes of confidence.

I honestly do not understand what is going on in the minds of marketers, but in my experience they will say or do anything to snag a sale, and name-dropping NASA gives them just a bit more credibility with potential buyers. I do think though that I am the only person who can claim a legit NASA pedigree for my PEMF technology… but I have gone way past that original work over the last 20 years. Ironically though, NASA got the technology by hiring me, not the other way around, and I don’t advertise it on my web store because I don’t think it is right to play on people’s confidence that way. I just try to tell the truth, some people get that and appreciate it, and that is good enough for me.

So, thanks. I really appreciate it.

6 Likes

Not sure this is appropriate for the forum if you are selling this product.

@Bob beyond flagging the post as spam, how do we get this abuse removed from this forum?

Well, I need some help with that so anyone should feel free to comment on the problem of spam. I could just have it removed, but then it just becomes a nuisance that confers no benefit. But I think we could do better than that…

Here is my challenge: I want to include any information that I think would be helpful for people. It is OK if people suggest competing devices so long as it is a legitimate endorsement, because I do believe some other PEMF devices work well and people should hear about them. But we want legit endorsements, not just blatant spam like that one we just removed.

Also, it is perfectly OK with me for people to disagree with me, and for people to bring up other topics, and I do not want to squelch other voices. But I want the unhelpful spam removed. So, here is what I propose:
If you see obvious spam, you can comment on it with an “@bob” so it will come to my immediate attention. I can have the webmaster (Eric) remove it if I think it is spam. But maybe we can benefit from it…

Another option is this: we leave the spam up, but we identify it as spam, and we expose it for the kind of thing it is; for example, more pirated PEMF (or other) technologies that make fraudulent claims.

We could have Eric copy it (so the offender can not just withdraw it) and create a new topic, such as “Hall of Spam”, where we dissect and expose it.

I am thinking about this, because PEMF is uniquely challenging because of the huge amount of noise and mis-information that dominates the topic, so maybe we should capture and examine it as it arises. What do you think?

3 Likes

i like your idea of exposing it as that will become a post and resource and may be a way to attract others who are searching for reviews for that product.

the only problem will be that majority of the time it would require your feedback as most of us don’t have the technical knowledge nor experience to review. we can put in our 2 cents to put in about a product tho.

1 Like

In the Hall of Spam, would be nice to remove the link as link backs are one of the goals of advertising spam.

excellent point, thanks.

I think we will try it, just to see if it is helpful. I will be happy to give an opinion as they arise.

1 Like