Flux Health Forum

Nerve Pain in bottom of feet and other symptoms

I think it is much more likely to be effective if used on the spine because that is most likely the source of the problem. I have used an ICES-PEMF system on my spine for 8-12 hours every day since 2011 for basically that reason.

Use directly on hands and feet might be helpful, but will not be helpful if the real problem is a nerve impingement/inflammation problem located in the spine.

But there is no reason you can’t try it directly on hands and feet, it might help.

You would simply turn the device ON as suggested in earlier replies, place the coils on hands or feet as described in earlier replies, and hold it in place by whatever means you find convenient, for as long as possible, every day.

Thank you. I do believe that the intense pain down the centre of my metatarsals is due to a localized injury. I was sent for an ultrasound of this area and during the appointment, the technician was really pinching and pushing this area and kept asking me if I was OK. It didn’t bother me at the time but, the next day I couldn’t walk. They have been sore for many months ever since. Please describe how I would place the coils on my feet and hands. You did not describe this in an earlier post. Sorry for all of the questions. I really appreciate your help. Thank you.

if you’re asking how to adhere the coils to your hands or feet, you can use tape, elastic band or glove or sock… he also specifically mentioned to stack the coils bumpy to bumpy facing each other when stacked.

Yes I see that now. Thank you.

I have peripheral neuropathy in both legs below the knee and in the feet. Your symptons sound similar. I found the wearing A9 driven coils inside socks at night helped a lot in reducing pain and numbness.

Thank you very much for sharing! I am getting the M1 and will stack the coils and do each foot separately. Are you keeping the coils on your feet while sleeping or just for a couple of hours at night? Thanks again.

Also, what settings are you using? Thank you!

I put one coil on top and one on the bottom of my foot, smooth sides in, with a medium setting. You will have to experiment to find socks with enough tension to hold the units, but still be comfortable, and I keep them on all night. Hope it works for you!

Thanks! I really appreciate the information.

Hi,
I began using the M1 about 6 weeks ago. I had severe neuropathy pain in both feet at night. The M1 has been fabulous. I’m off all my pain meds (Oxycodone, and pregabalin) and I’ve even stopped the trazadone (for sleep) that I’d taken for years. For the feet, I find if I place the coils low in the sacrum, around S1 area for 12-24 hours it stops the pain. The feet still feet swollen but I can sleep.
I got the M1 hoping to avoid fusion L4-L5 and L3 and it’s helping.
I have some questions:
My back pain is coming back, I’ve only used the Omni8 so I’ll try the alpha wave and Schuman 4. Would increasing power (usually on 9 help?)
Also, one symptom I have is debilitating weakness when I walk. i can only walk for very short distances without resting. The M1 hasn’t helped with this so far. I’m told I have stenosis in the spinal canal (as well as at L4-L5 root nerves)

Any thoughts on what I might try to improve this symptom are greatly apprectiated!
Thank you
Cristina

Sounds similar to what I had struggled with. I would say:
Stick with it
Try different coil configurations. For lower back, try stacked versus side-by-side across the spine (not along it)
Try various pulse patterns (you have named a few good ones)
Increase the intensity level to 11
Consider using it all day and all night if possible, at least initially.
Consider supplementing with vitamins D3 and K2, and magnesium (a bioavailable form, such as magnesium threonate) to facilitate bone remodeling.
Reasonable expectations: recovery is a slow process, but it is always desirable to get better slowly than to get worse slowly IMO.

Hi Bob,
Thanks for your suggestions. When you say stacked, are you suggesting I put the staked coils (bumpy sides facing each other) right ON the spine? L4-L5?
I have tried taking breaks from the M1, for several hours at a time, in case I’m becoming ‘used to it’, and that is why it is no longer helping as much. Does this sound reasonable?
By the way, I do take the supplements you mention :slight_smile:
The sensation of weakness when walking is currently the main symptom I’d like to improve. Any thoughts as to that would be greatly appreciated.
thanks so much!
Cristina

Stacked coils: yes, coils stacked, bumpy-side to bumpy-side.

Placement: Yes, I put the stacked coils right over the most painful spot.

Breaks: If you are using one of the pulse patterns that varies over time (such as Omni8, Alpha wave, SchumannX, basically any pattern that is NOT fixed frequency) then you should not really get used to (habituate to) the stimulation very quickly. If however you use one of the fixed frequency patterns “because that is what they did in the scientific paper”, then I suggest switching over to a non-fixed frequency. If the device seems to have become less effective over the course of a few days or weeks, then I would check the device function:
1- Use the hexagonal coil tester to make sure both coils are still functional.
2- When testing, move the wires around a bit to make sure the coils remain functional even when the wires are moved, to detect small breaks and shorts.
3- Make sure the battery is getting a full charge before each use, and swap with a freshly-charged battery every 3-4 hours
4- Counter-intuitively, if you are using one of the highest power settings, consider trying a slightly lower setting (9 or 10 instead of 14 or 15)

Weakness when walking: that might be due to a nerve pinch that is still a problem, even though the pain is reduced by PEMF. Some times it takes longer to fully resolve this kind of problem, so I would suggest continuing daily use, 6 to 8 hours per day or longer, and expect that this situation might take several more weeks to improve.

Thanks. I will try your suggestions. I’ve been switching the batteries every 8 hrs. or so. I will swap them out as you suggest.

That will probably help to use freshly-charged batteries. With some batteries, the green light will keep flashing after a long period of use, but the battery power is so low that the pulses may have much less biological effect. Definitely the best thing to do is to keep the battery fresh.

I’d like to add something here about weakness.

I have hypothyroidism and hypercholesterimia.

No one (read doctors) knew that hypothyroidism patients with high cholesterol can have problems taking statin drugs. The high cholesterol should first be addressed by taking thyroid medication(s), and only if the cholesterol levels cannot be normalized, should using statin drugs be considered.

If thus sounds like hocus-pocus, it’s not. I’ve suffered 10 or more years of increasing debilitating weakness in my legs and arms, and I had all the same tests. After a lot of research I came off simvastatin and the weakness is gradually (slowly) getting better.

My point is that there may be an underlying reason for your myalgia that should be addressed. Even if pemf helps, you may still need to find the reason for the weakness.

That sounds very reasonable to me.

Thanks Brian.
I do take med. for hypothyrodism, and my doc keeps threatening to put me on statins, so your comment is timely. I will redouble my efforts to lower cholesterol w/o them.

Re: Vitamin K supplementaton. I was under the impression that this vitamin was not safe but that’s just me. That may apply if there’s prescription drugs involved so I copied this from an Life Extension magaizine in case anyone else is uninformed. vitamin. " These benefits have been found to extend to bone health as well. Postmenopausal women taking 1,500 mg of calcium along with 45 mg of vitamin K2 daily experienced an increase in bone mineral density and a 55.9% reduction in inactive osteocalcin levels,15 a marker reported to be elevated in osteoporotic patients and related to an increased hip fracture risk.16,17 Another study showed that when 180 mcg of vitamin K2 daily was given for 3 years, it increased the amount of activated osteocalcin, produced significant improvements in bone mineral content and density, and increased bone strength.18 FYI:
.https://www.lifeextension.com/magazine/2016/11/vitamin-k2

The key is to understand the difference between vitamins K1 versus K2. They are totally different. A good place to start is:

which is summarized here:

2 Likes