Flux Health Forum

ME/CFS, Thoracic Outlet Syndrome and neck muscles

I believe that Thoracic Outlet Syndrome (TOS) plays a huge role in my ME/CFS. Here is a great article on it:

https://mskneurology.com/myalgic-encephalomyelitis-me-biomechanical/

I am attempting to treat my TOS using targeted workouts of the scalene muscles in my neck, as recommended by the author of this article.

My scalene muscles are extremely weak and these targeted workouts result in a temporary exacerbation of ME/CFS symptoms.

As a result, I need to do these workouts slowly and carefully, with only a handful of reps twice a week.

Broadly, can ICES-PEMF help in muscle recovery and relief from overtraining? Is that one of its possible uses?

If it can help, I might be able to do these workouts more efficiently, with more reps at a greater frequency, accelerating the strengthening process for the scalenes and thus treating TOS.

2 Likes

Thank you for posting yhis resource, extremely valuable for me.

1 Like

I have been using the M1 for a few days and with it I’m managing to do the scalene exercise daily.

The M1 seems to help in actually working out the muscle by reducing post exercise pain — the muscle has clearly been so weak since childhood that doing the exercise results in a feeling that the muscle was injured. The M1 helps reduce that and helps me maintain a consistent exercise schedule for the scalenes. I am more fatigued however but I think that should reduce over time.

This is very early impressions. I hope to continue to do these exercises for a few months and maybe actually get some progress and strengthen the muscle, so that my TOS will be treated.

Hi mate, I have TOS, me/cfs too and am very familiar with Kjetil’s work too. How are you getting on with using the device and scalene strengthening?