Flux Health Forum

Magnet Movement?

I purchased an IR mat from Healthyline because it helps me relax at night. It also has PEMF, and comes with a tiny magnet to indicate that the coils are working. I can see the magnet bounce around a bit when near the coils, so that is good I presume. However, when I place the magnets over The MicroPulse A-9 and C-5, I can barely find a spot on the pad that moves the magnet bead. What is the reason for this? Does it have to do with polarity?

well… apologies in advance for speaking the uncomfortable truth:

For properly-functioning, biologically-active PEMF you will not be able to detect it by watching a magnet jump around. That is just another gimmick they are using to sell really inferior, inactive PEMF by showing something “visual” (in this case, a jumping magnetic bead).

This is because the pulse required to make a magnet jump a lot is just the opposite of what is needed to elicit a beneficial biological response:

For a biological effect, you need a very narrow, very sharp-edged magnetic pulse. These pulses would only be expected to cause very slight movements of a magnet placed on them.

To make a magnet jump around a lot, you need much broader magnetic pulses, that can have very dull edges and would not be expected to have any real biological effect.

The reasons for this difference in biological effect are very technical and I summarize them in hundreds of posts, blogs, forum discussions, and videos.

As a scientist, I would go so far as to say that a jumping magnet, the more vigorously it jumps in fact, is a good indicator of a PEMF system that almost certainly does not work well.

2 Likes

So I take from your reply that the Sota pulser is in that category. Because it can make pennies fly off the paddle applicator. When you watch it charges its pulse of magic fairy dust wave. The pennies fly.
It did impress me as I am one of those 3 eyed green aliens in the toy story film. Who are stuck in the vending machine with Buzz light year.
I should call you Sir Bob from now on for your services to PEMF. You need to be less polite and be like Scotty Kilmer. He is a mechanic on YouTube who talks about cars as his speciality and is absolutely ruthless in talking about the Car manufacturers of the world.
The world is 90% wrong because of the marketers.
I live in the U.K. and I am a gas engineer. And it took me 5 years to figure out the best boilers through trial and error.
Marketing people are the naughty people. As I imagine I can not swear. So I am being sarcastic in that comment.
GREED is the problem.

2 Likes

Marketers certainly make the world a much more difficult place to find the truth.

A penny flying off their device is actually a pretty good technical demonstration of how inefficient it is. This is because the pulse type and duration that would do that to a penny is exactly the energy you do not need from a PEMF machine for therapeutic biological effects.

In fact, you can remove all of that superfluous pulse energy, which is about 99.8 % of the electro-magnetic pulse energy, and still retain all of the beneficial biological effects pf PEMF. This is the science I have been publishing on for about the past decade.

Their flying penny demo is sort of like demonstrating the power of a car engine by filming the flames coming out of the tail pipe. It gets young car nuts excited, but it only shows how inefficient and wasteful the system is.

1 Like

Thank you, Bob.

What kind of device could a layperson use to test? We have a Fluxe 95, 50 megahertz.

Now, I am wondering if it is possible for such cheap mats, like Healthyline to possibly cause more harm than good especially when combined with IR photobiomodulation?

My opinion is that I do not see a lot of evidence for harm, even from the low-quality, inefficient PEMF systems on the market. So, I don’t get the impression you would be harmed directly by ineffective PEMF systems. The harm would be indirect: by using low-quality PEMF systems you would not get the benefits of real, good-quality, scientifically-based PEMF.

If you want to test the benefits of modern PEMF, you could try our least-expensive system: model A9. That is a reliable workhorse that people have been using for many years, and we have never had one returned because “it didn’t work”. Most people, generally more than 90%, report very good effects when the device is used as directed,

2 Likes