Flux Health Forum

Macula Edema

I had macula edema due to an eye surgery. After one year and no improvement, I started using Micro Pulse. I kept it on my affected eye at night while I slept. Each month that I went back to my eye doctor after starting micro pulse, my edema was considerably less until it was completely gone. To experiment, I stopped using micro pulse and my edema came back. I then started using micro pulse again, and to my and my doctor’s amazement, the edema completely went away again. I think I need to stay with it for a while before stopping so the edema doesn’t come back. If anyone has macula edema, I would definitely try micro pulse. Consistency and time is the key. Use the low to medium setting.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for taking the time to post your experience. That is truly wonderful news. IMO, your plan to continue use it a little longer is smart - per many other threads including some where I posted my own experiences - continuing to use the Micropulse ICES PEMF devices for a portion of time after things resolve seems to be key in retaining the progress. Flagging @Bob as I don’t recall macula edema being discussed much on this forum.

Yes, you are correct that we have not discussed macula edema very much on this forum, but I have discussed it extensively with several clinicians, including Bill Pawluk, as well as several potential research collaborators to potentially work on this as an area of research. So far, the few anecdotal reports that I have heard are very promising.