New user here. I will be using the M1 for knee pain. I have worn meniscus and cartilage. I did have arthroscopic repair and I do gel injections. Has anybody had good success with treatment for this, and what settings and coil placement seems to work best? Any input would be great.
I used side by side configuration (but more like a V config than linearly) on the interior of the knee. It worked great for me.
I also complement it nowadays with https://biolongevitylabs.com/product/bioregenix/ which has been a remarkable duo. No affiliation - just a happy customer - just like with ICES PEMF.
Hello, i am wishing you good luck with your M1. It is worth a try. I would like to hand over my experience although every case is individual and it deals with another approch to knee problems. When i was diagnosed with cartilage (chondropathia patellae) 35 years ago i have been treated with injections, electrostimulation, pills etc. for 1 year. In the end i was xrayed and it did not show any results so i was transferred to a hospital. Despite all the professionals advice i did not undergo any surgery but consulted a fitness studio. I did two exercises 3 times a week and after 3 weeks i had no knee pain - since then. I was so fascinated that i started to become a fitness trainer and could lift heavy squats without pain, using bandages and inlets. The two exercises i started with are 1) leg entensions and 2) leg curls. Here are two (german) sites where you can watch them: https://www.fitundattraktiv.de/beinstrecker-maschine-top-4-alternativen/ and https://www.fitundattraktiv.de/hintere-oberschenkelmuskulatur-kraeftigen-top-5-uebungen/ . You can start with ancle weights at home, but for real muscle growth and fast results i recommend professional equipment / fitness trainer to stimulate the muscles which in my case stimulated also the cartilage repair. I also consulted a chiropractor to check my hips are straight to reduce stress on the knee joints. Since 35+ years i can train with heavy weights and i never had any injuries. All the best for you, Michael
How long have you used the Biolongevity cream and how long does the 50g container last you. It isn’t cheap but if it works well I would use it?
I agree - wish it was cheaper. You can catch it on sale for about $120. It lasts me about 3 months. I think of it as complement to the “main character in the healing journey” which is ICES PEMF which provides vastly more value given buy once/ cry once and it lasts many many many years and if there is ever an issue you can pay for extremely affordable repairs done by Micro-pulse.
I really appreciate your sharing about the cream. I bought it and now have a few questions: how many times do you apply it daily, how long before you noticed improvement? Regarding the ICES, which setting do you use (such as: Omni8, C5, or whichever), and at what amplitude? I have both the C5 and M1. My knees are in a lot of pain and I deeply appreciate your advice. Thank you so much.
I typically apply the cream once or twice a day - only a small amount (half a pea size?) to each knee or area.
I recommend starting with Omni 8, Intensity 9 using either the M1 or C5. The M1 makes it easier to be mobile, so I recommend using self adhesive bandage to keep it correctly spaced apart for the config you are using (sandwiched or side by side), then keep it on the knee with an ace bandage. I try to get at least 8 hours a day with ICES PEMF on my injuries.
@michaelgerm When I was diagnosed with Chondromalacia Patellae, I remember a PT teaching me 25 years ago to do leg lifts with ankle weights, but it never helped my knee pain so I didn’t stick with it.
I tried your advice to use professional equipment at the gym and boy did it help.
Starting at 40 pounds and now at 120 pounds for leg extensions, I can now run a quarter mile without knee pain, a first since being a teenager. Thank you so very much for sharing your experience on what worked for you. It has also helped me greatly.
Hello TajD, thanks for your feedback, i am glad it worked out for you. Keep on with that exercise your entire life, i even got this machine in my home gym and my 84 y/o mum is doing the same exercise for her knees, with 90 lbs of extra weight. We also do it for each leg seperately to find out if there are any imbalances. BTW I never got into trouble with the knee again and i did using knee bandages and special shoe inlets) even when doing very heavy squats twice my body weight, 45 degrees leg press ( loaded up to 1500 lbs with a spotter) and -now as an older man- i use both exercises leg press/leg extensions in my weekly routine. Two weeks ago I purchased an ergometer / a stationary exercise bike for my mum as well- we got it second hand for 100 bucks as my physio therapist thinks it might improve creating synovial fluid around her knee joints to ease her arthritis pain. And one more hint: The older you are you should avoid jogging (esp. on concrete !) as the pressure on your knee joints increases the risk of wearing out your cartilage in the long run. Instead please go onto your bicycle or even better : go swimming, its my favourite cardio exercise ( 1-2 times weekly for 75mins but if you do, start slowy, at least 30mins). I am a fitness nut now, trying to get in a good shape, achieving both power and endurance. BTW We also add vitamins and minerals and optimize our food. There is always something to learn and you need to try it for yourself to find out if it benefits you. Depending of age, condition and sex they are a variety of possibilites for exercises and cardio activities.
Do not overdo it, rest is also important, enough sleep for the healing process etc. Keep me informed about your recovery please - any feedback is welcome. Best wishes, Michael