Flux Health Forum

M1 for Anxiety and Depression?

I am trying to figure out if the M1 will specifically help with my anxiety (GAD and PTSD) and depression. If so, what protocol should I use? I haven’t purchased yet and want to make sure I am buying the right PEMF tool. I’d also like to use it as a spot treatment for low back pain and my Morton’s neuroma. I have had access to a BEMER which has helped with the pain and a DAVID Delight which works fabulously for anxiety and am hoping to invest in just one device which combines the best of both of these. Thank you.

Here is a good thread on ICES PEMF (M1 or A9 or C5) on anxiety

In my personal experience, PTSD was best helped with light/sound engagement/entrainment (I think DAVID Delight would fall in this category) using NeuroVizr (you could try this with the super simple phone app Lumenate). ICES PEMF on my head didn’t affect anxiety. ICES PEMF on the gut increased anxiety due to dieoff but then provided anxiety relief due to the resulting gut healing in our case. I have posted multiple times sharing my experience with this.

I just realized you were the original poster to the thread above ;). I recommend trying Omni 8 or Alpha on power level 3 or 4 on the head and work up if don’t notice an effect. For the gut, I recommend trying 1 minute with Omni 8 or Alpha on power level 5, give it a few days, then work up to power 9. Shifting the body takes time, becoming more in tune to the subtle shifts. Documenting and sharing this process of self experimentation and the resulting findings is powerful in my experience.

Wishing you relief and success in your journey!

Thanks so much! I reached the same conclusion from my research and the experience I had had with my health provider’s David and have ordered one of my own. :slight_smile:

I have chronic anxiety and depression, even prone to panic attacks, for almost all of my 60 years. I posted several times about my depression including the following: https://forum.fluxhealth.co/t/depression/245/8 which had gotten worse during pandemic lockdowns and my getting laid off from work for the past two years. It got so bad that I was literally not eating and just sleeping for most of the day, not knowing night from day and certainly barely hydrating myself.

M1 changed all that. It took several months of sleeping with it on, and gradually, I felt the depression lift. Can’t say that it’s gone completely: I tried not using it for several days to see what would happen, and the depression started to come back, so I quickly went back to sleeping with it on every night. Reduces my anxiety and frequency of panic attacks too.

Stress usually increases the frequency of the anxiety and panic attacks, of course, but I find I’m better able to manage my stress and the intensity of these attacks have been reduced so that I recover faster when I do experience them.

I use omni 8 with intensity of 4. I did try higher settings, of 5 and 6, even 8 during my waking periods, but I have a condition called hyperacunesia which makes me ultra sensitive to all 5 senses, and I can hear (and feel) the constant clicking of the PEMF pulse. Not so much with intensity 4 when I place the coils anywhere near my head (most people won’t hear it at that intensity). Would gladly trade the annoying clicking if I could, but I tell you, it’s a very small price to pay for the huge benefits I’ve reaped in terms of anxiety and depression.

7 Likes

exactly where do you place the electrodes?

Left prefrontal cortex, just above the eyebrow area in the left hemisphere. Just remember to change the protocol every two or three months to prevent habituation.

4 Likes

Another spot you can try, if you haven’t already done so, is simulating the vagus nerve on the left side of the neck, Do a search for Vagus Nerve and you will find the information on how to do it,

3 Likes

Some thoughts on helping Anxiety and Depression, something which I feel people tend to forget to address.

Anytime anything is less than optimal with the body there are several approaches to use to help it, and it’s wisest to always use all (easily viable) approaches together, it you can.

More specifically and to break it down the most significant factor is cause and effect.

If someone got a physical injury for example, the cause was totally physical nevertheless it’s inevitable that in addition to the physical injury, in its self, in addition, it’s inevitable that as a result of the physical injury or whatever ailment, it was, it’s also compounded, because the physical impact, also causing an emotional impact and that emotional impact resulting stress, depression or PTSD resulting from the physical injury, also needs to be addressed, rather than focusing only on healing the physical body, alone.

Even more so, if the reason a person has Anxiety or Depression is because of a non physical impact, only because of an emotional impact, dealing with the physical only via ICES PEMF or any other physical intervention is great anyway and helpfully anyway but is being undermined and with diminished effectiveness if we don’t address the root cause of the mental/emotional component of that cause.

For example
If you got hit with a Hammer and injured
ICES PEMF can help…
But what if you ignore the cause
And you keep on hitting yourself with a Hammer daily?

Will ICES PEMF still help you

The answer is both yes and know.

It can help for the past Abuse
But if the abuse is ongoing then the benefit of the intervention is being undermined by ongoing RE-abuse.

Same thing happens if someone has PTSD or any other mental/emotional/Nervouse System aspect which they are “Stuck” with.

They may look calm but under the surface their Amygdala is still stuck in the ON position without any off switch and unless it’s addressed on that level, your fighting a loosing battle which is helpful for the time being anyway but can’t become permanent without addressing the underlying cause.

Many ways to do that and Somatic or SRT Therapy, is one of the most effective shortest routes to unstick (reset) whatever is stuck.

I am not familiar with SRT Therapy, but found EMDR incredibly effective in my case for one physical trauma event.

I’m familiar with EMDR and it’s great if and when it’s practical.

There are many fundamental differences, I can’t go it to all of them but will give just one real quick example:

EMDR (usually) entails that the precise Trauma in question is
#1-known
#2 identified (by the client and or the practitioner)
#3- addressed and focused on…

Then, EMDR has a chance of doing it’s “magic”.

VS
SRT (which is a form of Somatic Therapy)
Doesn’t need any of the above and still get amazing results, relatively, very easily and very quickly, compared to all other forms of therapy out there. In my opinion, it beets then all.

This is important because oftentimes people who have experienced (major) Trauma or are living with too much (unspecified) Anxiety, often times:

#1- The client themselves sometimes doesn’t even know it’s REAL cause and source, and can’t easily identify its (Daily) Trigger Cause.

Sometimes they may have forgotten (consciously or subconsciously), the cause, although they still get Trigered by it, all the time and have no idea why.

Reason being, that sometimes for example the mind shuts it out forcing them to forget it, in order to numb the pain for example.

#2- Sometimes the Client Knows but doesn’t WANT to think about it, or remind themselves of it or they might be too ASHAMED or willing to share it with anyone else who might be able to help them with it.

In such case EMDR doesn’t stand a chance to be able to help vs with SRT, it’s not a problem at all even in such situations.