Flux Health Forum

M1 24/7 - how long without touching it?

1. Could you please tell me how long M1 can continue to work without me having to change the program/time settings and without recharging the battery? Unfortunately, my health condition does not allow me to handle the product by myself, hence my question.

2. Can I use M1 in parallel with the PEMF iMRS mat, which is also running (yes, I imagine that this is not possible, but you never know…)?

Thank you very much to anyone who can help me.

And overall, thank you so much for what you do, Bob, it’s so amazing. I admire your work, long detailed answers and discretion. I intend to order several products very soon.

I think it would depend on the intensity that you set the M1 to and also the quality of the battery. I have two batteries that came with my M1 and another two that I bought from Amazon, and they all appear to have different charge life. Essentially, these made in China products are very crappy with no standard so they all pretty much depend on the luck you draw from getting good ones or bad. I’ve got one that will last a little over 4 hours when the M1 is set at an intensity of 10 and another that lasts only about two. The stronger the intensity, the fewer hours you can draw out of these batteries. But Bob suggests that you want to change batteries before they run out, as the charge becomes weaker with use.

I try to keep the M1 plugged into the socket rather than rely on batteries. I only use the batteries if I have to go out (very minimally) or if I have to make dinner, answer the doorbell, basically when I have to be mobile. But essentially, as soon as I can sit down or remain stationery, I don’t wait for the batteries to run down, I put them back on the recharger again.

I also wear a little apron with large pockets that I store the M1s (I have two) in when I’m moving around. And I always keep the extra batteries in the pockets in case I have to change them on the move. I don’t know how long these batteries will last, but if you need to use them often, I would suggest getting extras as back up.

3 Likes

There aren’t “time settings” in the M1. Once you put it on a setting, it runs until power dies and will start working again with the same setting when you turn it back on if you don’t press any buttons for a few seconds until it runs the previous program it was set to. It’s just a matter of keeping a fresh battery in it every several hours like @Serenity shared (each battery’s quality seems to vary as well in my experience). @Serenity wisely suggests to have a power bank (that supports very low power draw - there are threads here with links to units that work on Amazon) that you plug it into or plug in to the wall with an adaptor. Wishing you health and recovery!

1 Like

Thank you very much @Serenity and @TajD for your detailed reply, it’s kind and the advice very useful. I also ended up buying a 5m USB extension cable (I’m afraid that 10 meters would disrupt the signal too much), the best I could find so that it wouldn’t distort the signal, even though I know that the battery or powerbank is much better from this point of view. I’m going to be like a dog tied to a chain :smiley:
I’m going to test different solutions. I also hope M1 doesn’t get too hot and have to turn it off for that reason…
Take care of yourself too and be well.

1 Like

I too ended up buying a USB extension cable because the one that came with the M1 was not good quality. Even though it was sufficiently long, I found it was cutting out so I shopped around for a good one on Amazon. Ugreen sells one that is more or less double the thickness and has a 2 year warranty. Initially, I bought the six-foot cable, but found it heavy and it would tug out of the M1, unless I laid it flat on the table or my bed. So I bought another 3-foot cable which is just right.

As for the M1, it does not heat up, but I find over time, the sockets are looser which means the cables don’t stay attached so easily. I’ve used the M1s pretty much around the clock without their heating up at all. Keep in mind, they also don’t take up much power so I don’t see why they would have to heat up with extended use.

2 Likes

I’ve had my M1 for over 5 years and only recently purchased two new batteries on Amazon. They technically don’t fit but there’s a little edge that catches them and they seem to last twice as long as the originals now hold a charge for. I found a small USB “lipstick” battery and a 6-12” USB mini cable worked even better for really long life pulsing. Since I have had a C5 for 4 years I only use the M1 for travel and when I’m not near an outlet or if someone else is using the C5 in our house I may just the M1.

2 Likes