Flux Health Forum

Liver health

I have not done the flush yet. I’ve considered it, but need to find a season when I can truly rest. That is difficult to do with small children and a full time job. I also don’t tend to do well with fasting, likely because my hyperthyroid condition causes my metabolism to be higher than most. So the prep for the flush isn’t the easiest for me.

I have tried a modified version, but it didn’t really improve things.

I’ve also done some coffee enemas, which helped some, but not a ton. Hyperbaric oxygen treatments help significantly, but they are really pricey and there’s not a center locally. The closest center is over an hour and a half away. I’ve done 20 treatments there, with good results.

It’s all a balancing act. I feel like I know what I need to do for my health (HBOT, PEMF, and alpha lipoic acid seem to move the needle the most), but it’s also a time and budget thing. Making the time to exercise daily is also a priority, which I’ll admit I’ve not been doing a great job at lately. I wish our current medical system made some of the “alternative” treatments more accessible.

We haven’t yet tried a liver/gall bladder flush yet. 1/4 tsp castor oil over our gall bladder area and then wiped off 1 minute later caused tremendous die off. We are cleaning up our indoor air first, fixing root cause of mold issues, and may try some transdermal phosphatidylcholine to help remove the mycotoxins trapped in tissues. Then, may try a flush :wink:

ya … I’ve been just doing the daily acv and lemon… so hard for me to get used even after 2 weeks of taking it daily haha. i have noticed little pebbles come out this just by that alone. not a lot, but a few to know it’s doing something. I’ll work my way up to it tho!

How much ACV and Lemon do you use? Would the lemon damage teeth enamel over time (how does one mitigate that)?

I do ACV in water prior to meals. It helps some. Lemon water is also a regular for me, just on a general basis. I’ve not noticed changes in digestion or elimination because of these, but I know it helps some overall, so I keep doing it.

moritz protocol calls for 4oz and a half lemon i believe. i personally do 1/4 of a large lemon and 3 oz 1-2x a day… I’d say half the time i do 2x a day.

you can dilute with water and drink as a tea but I’m not a fan of the taste so i try to get it over ASAP as a shot and rinse my mouth thoroughly with water (and swallow). you may want to start with a low amount for a week or so and build up, of course…

Thanks! I will try it and report back.

Since this one is about liver, I had some questions regarding studies I read. I believe these were about high intensity devices… But they say two different things. Actually one is just an article and one is a study. Do you have any thoughts on this @Bob? I have posted the links below.

Conclusion: These results demonstrate that long-term exposure to PEMF can lead to oxidative damage of the liver and spleen.
HOW PEMF THERAPY MAY HEAL INFLAMMATION OF THE LIVER
1 Like

I have given the topic of PEMF and liver tissue a lot of thought, and over the years I have tried many times to develop a scientific collaboration to study this. I have never been able to get sufficient serious interest, and overall, I think the science is weak in this area. Liver tissue damage due to PEMF may simply be due to the high-intensity chronic exposure, I don’t know, and lower energy (more efficient) PEMF systems are definitely less likely to cause this type of damage. Whether or not PEMF can reliably reduce liver inflammation also remains an open question.

3 Likes

@OptimalHealth have you tried getting a Fibroscan done on your liver? I find that to be a great way to track liver health each year. Going low carb has made a massive difference.

1 Like

i had one come some time ago when my liver enzymes were unusually high… they discovered i had fatty liver disease. my last scan showed things has improved, but could still improve the condition… thx for the reminder, i need to get back on track on this and follow up with another scan soon.

Cool - good luck! In addition to adding the cardio piece (elliptical or hiking) and resistance training with x3bar, I went low carb by switching to Unbun bread/tortillas, Palmini style pasta (hearts of palm), and eating a lot of guacamole each day and stopped eating anything with rice and potatoes (we were already gluten free and dairy free). It really helped. Dr. Berg has some great videos on keto and the Keto Mojo device works really well to check blood sugar and ketones. I also first used Levelshealth.com App with a CGM to understand impact of foods I was eating on my glucose levels. I don’t use it so much anymore as I now have the baseline knowledge to make the choices that remove glucose spikes. Then I do an advanced lipid panel, fibroscan, and check fasting insulin and HbA1c each year. As I have seen with ICES PEMF, I have also found it true in terms of metabolic health: it is remarkable how the body can repair itself.

1 Like

i definitely have found benefit in eating higher veggie content and lower carbs… that too needs to be improved in my diet, which I can now start as part of my new year ritual and hope to keep it a life habit…

1 Like