Flux Health Forum

Light and sound for brain health - then measuring with brain guage?

Has anyone on this high quality forum used the Neurovizr or the Lumenate App (or other similar device) that flashes light on eyelids (eyes closed) with corresponding sound track to be used with headphones?

I have used the Neurovizr and its predecessor and found it to have a remarkable balancing effect on my mind and body. I recently tried the Lumenate app briefly which uses the LED light on a smart phone as well.

Curious if others have ventured into this self-hacking category as well.

I will eventually start measuring before / after sessions (at various intervals, immediately after, 1 day after, etc) with brain gauge but honestly hard to really tell what will drive any change given that sleep seems to be the #1 factor for brain performance for me.

I just got the Mindplace Kasina and am hoping it is as effective as the original Roshi light glasses that my girlfriend and I got to borrow a few months ago. The Roshi is a discontinued device and they’re selling for over $1k used the few times they come up for sale.
The Kasina is a system that is both light and sound, and apparently you can program custom sessions for it. I’ve been doing didgeridoo and gong based sound healing for over 20 years and am eager to try my own recorded music with these glasses.

I also have made a Vibro Acoustic Table - basically a massage table with speaker transducers mounted on the bottom side so it vibrates the body while you listen to the music through headphones. These tables have been around for a while and seem to give good results depending on what you play through them.

My girlfriend has had a lifetime of trauma, toxins and injuries so we’re doing everything we can (and can afford to do…). Got an M1 that she uses almost every day, mostly on her head. She’s been in 3 serious car accidents with a TBI each time.

When we met and I found out about her brain injuries it prompted me to get back to my “Brain Massage” project that was how I originally got into sound healing. Updating and turning it in to a high fidelity experience was my Covid project and now I can offer this unique experience as a recorded audio file, though the most potent is in person where you can also feel some of the sound vibrations.

If any of you are interested in hearing more about the Brain Massage feel free to reach out to me.

I’m also interested in hearing from people who have had good results treating older brain injuries with PEMF.