Flux Health Forum

Ligament healing?

Bob,
What are your thoughts on repair of ligaments? Any good studies on collagen repair in dense regular connective tissues?

There are no good studies (= FDA level, double-blind controls, etc…), but some smaller studies in PubMed, and several surgical groups & athletic trainers (and many other sources of anecdotal data) report to me this observation:
tendon/ligament/bone healing seems to be accelerated by 2x to 3x, with better quality tissue repair and less pain.
Nothing special, nothing magic, just use default settings such as Omni8, on a medium-high setting (10-12 or “H”), use it every day and/or night, for as long as possible, and adjust coil position to get the best comfort/pain relief.
In a nutshell, that is the best information I have available.

2 Likes

Bob,
Any results on using PEMF on the rotator cuff, settings and power level?

Thanks,
Ron

You may want to check out shockwave therapy. It works surprisingly well for a number of intractable and longstanding problems, including those you’ve mentioned. It’s good for tendons, ligaments, joints and much more. It seems to stimulate some of the same things as PEMF and should work very will in conjunction with PEMF.

With M1, I placed stacked coils on the front side of my shoulder where the pain was and used it on Omni 8 power 9 for about 8 hours a day for 2 weeks. The pain that I had went away completely after about 4-5 days, but I kept with it for the extra time based on Bob’s recommendations in this forum. The pain has not returned. Thanks to @Bob for this amazing technology.

2 Likes

pretty much the same as my response for ligament directly above. In fact, exactly the same response. This is all anecdotal, it really seems to help with all kinds of orthopedic injuries, there is nothing magic about the settings, just do the basics as outlined above. It seems to work for most people (~93.5 %), but it just does not seem to work for a few people (6 to 7%), and there is no way to know whether or not it will work that I know of, other than to try it persistently as described above.

1 Like

excellent, thanks @TajD