Flux Health Forum

Latest Time To Do PEMF

Does PEMF interfere with sleep? I was wondering if doing the scTMS after having done Beta 2 earlier would cause issues with sleep and alertness. Does anyone have any experience with this?

I used a QRS pemf mat years’ ago and it made me sleep much longer and better. I also had no problem fall asleep right away after going to bathroom in the middle of the night while using two 16 minutes sections of QRS mat during the day. But the good sleep stops immediately when I stopped using the QRS mat. ICEs hasn’t been able to help with my sleep yet. I wonder what could have help in QRS but not in ICEs? @Bob

It would depend on several factors. First, what ICES pulse protocol did you use? Some protocols (such as Omni-8) contain rapid pulses which are known to not induce sleep. This is because the Micro-Pulse ICES systems are designed and optimized primarily for orthopedic injury, inflammation, and chronic pain. For these applications, ICES-PEMF seems to be very effective for 93 to 98% of people.

Aside from that, many people use ICES-PEMF for things other than those listed above, such as to enhance sleep. For this application, efficacy is somewhat less, but a majority of people report that their sleep is enhanced. We have not studied this application specifically, since it is not a core focus of ICES-PEMF technology. But as you can see from many entries to this forum, ICES-PEMF does seem to help many people with sleep.

Also, the company you mention does not precisely define and publish their pulse waveform. In contrast, Micro-Pulse ICES-PEMF waveforms are widely published and freely available, so it is impossible to compare a known quantity with an unknown quantity.

Finally, it is worth noting that “sleep” is a very general term, and disturbances of sleep have many causes, some known, some unknown. So it is impossible for us to know why you get some relief from one product that is not well-defined, but not from another.

1 Like