Flux Health Forum

Knee cartilage gone - M1

Hi all, bought the M1 and been using it almost 24/7.

Tried to search other threads and watched some of the youtube videos but could not find a specific way to position the coils on the knee. Right now I’m playing with the position, changing it from time to time.

Since I’m here, can anyone point me on a direction to understand the differences between the frequencies? For this issue I’m using the Omni 8 and the Schumann 4 but I don’t even understand what they and how they differs from others. Honestly, I’m using these because saw that @Bob uses them :smiley:

One more question, started PRP injections yesterday. Should I still be using the M1?

Thanks in advance!

Kudos to using it 24/7 and experimenting with knee placement. Did you have pain from no cartilage? I think M1 will reduce pain if you have it (my friend with bone on bone jaw pain found pain relief from the M1). For overall lowering inflammation and supporting body’s ability to heal to the extent that it can, the forum and @Bob seem to coalesce around Omni 8, Alpha, and Schumann 4. Your M1 should have come with a card that details a bit about the frequency and pulse per second of the config options. You can also find it here.

I know with peptides and many other modalities like red/infrared light, ICES PEMF seems to be a positive complement. I didn’t have my M1 when I first did prolotherapy (ozone injections) around the tissues around my knees, so I can’t personally speak to it, but I would imagine it would have been helpful based on my extensive use of M1 with all sorts of therapies.

Hi @TajD, thanks for answering. Yes, I have that card, but would like to understand a bit why one frequency is good for one issue and the other is good for a different issue. It’s probably very confusing for me to understand, but still, at least I would try eheh.

I do have some pain on the knee.
I feel some pain when doing some exercises on some specific positions. Both the doctor and the physiotherapist say that I need to gain some muscle mass but it’s hard to gain it when I can’t do those exercises that give better results, like full squats, bulgarian squats and lunges. I mean, I can do them but not without pain.

What was/is your knee issue?

My knee issue is primarily chondromalacia patella driven by genetic collagen deficiency disorder which makes the collage lattice structure of the tendons/ligaments not great so I don’t have proper support / muscle development to support the joints.

Once thing I have found helpful is the Vibration Therapeutics vibration plate
and holding a slight squat position for several minutes until absolute fatigue while operating it at 30 or 40hz. This has strengthened the muscles around my knees and enabled me to do squats which before I couldn’t do without pain.

The owner of Vibration Therapeutics stands behind his products as well and when a unit I purchased died, he promptly replaced it.

Nice!
Did you see any improvements on the cartilage ?

My MRI prior to prolotherapy and then M1 use didn’t show much cartilage decay, just strong inflammation and a torn meniscus. I definitely have less pain now after those two modalities plus using the vibration plate and I have been careful to engage in lower impact activities (no more basketball) like walking, hiking, elliptical, etc.

1 Like

I position the coils bumpy sides together, bind my knees together with a belt and slide the coils together between both knees. I have had pain in both knees for the past 20+ years. MRI and x-rays showed no arthritic deterioration. A neurologist confirmed it was part of my extensive nerve damage that was causing the pain, and that western medicine had no effective treatment for it. I’ve been using the M1 on my spine to treat extensive nerve damage, but when the pain in the knees act up (every second or third day) I will treat the pain for about 30-60 minutes. It hasn’t been occurring as often as it used to be, so I’ve been spacing treatments farther and farther apart (used to be constant daily). I used to use Omni-8 at intensity 10, but on Bob’s advice for the spine, when I switched to Alpha wave, I did the same for the knees, and then Omni-8 for 2-3 days every few months to prevent habituation.

1 Like