Flux Health Forum

Joint Replacements

Questions and answers about PEMF and use with joint replacements. Personal anecdotes and testimonials welcome.

I’ve had 3 joint replacements and am wondering what the consensus is on using PEMF specifically micro pulse on those joints. I want to make sure I’m not causing a negative reaction to the prosthetics. My instincts tell me that micro pulse will help keep bone around prosthetic healthy which is key for long life of the replacement.

I don’t have any experience with that, but I suspect Dr. Pawluk might.

I hope someone comes along to help you.

I have collected several dozen anecdotal reports on that topic mover the last 5-6 years. I do not know if this summarizes a biased or representative sample, but this is what I hear:

Initially I told people to be very cautious around implants, but most people went ahead anyway, and uniformly they told me they had very good results.

Some people (about half) reported a tingling sensation around the implant, which was not unpleasant, and only lasted for the first 2-3 days of use.

Thereafter they tell me the implant feels more stable, and if there was pain, it is generally reduced.

I do not have any first-hand experience with the use of PEMF around implants, and I have not studied it directly, so I can not say anything with authority, but taken as a whole, the above summarizes what people tell me when they try it.

1 Like

Thanks Bob, and @bettereveryday. I’m using an intermittent approach to the Micro-Pulse…a period of 8-12 hours followed by a few days break. I tend to be of the “if a little is good a lot is better” school and I’m trying hard to break that pattern. I’ll keep tabs with this topic and report anything I’m noticing.

sounds like a good plan to me.

earthspa,

I am like that, too, and usually it is not a good thing. Other than taking things slowly to make sure it isn’t affecting your implants negatively, the ICES is the ONE thing where the more the better seems to be the rule. Though low enough power and enough variety in settings.

But you have a special circumstance and taking your time is wisdom.

To quote one of the studies, so that I am not just speaking off the top of my head.

“There appears to be a dosing effect where longer treatment times or treatments at higher intensities have higher long-term success than shorter treatment times or lower intensity treatments.”

@Bob I have a a pain in tooth under crown from using M1 near metal crown a few days ago.
I was using m1 for pain in gums and it worked but then a pain appeared in nearby stainless steel crowned molar. Google searched and found that MRI can cause vibration in metal in mouth . So I’m assuming tissue under crown was irritated. Pain has subsided a bit in two days but not gone. I’m not sure if that tooth has live nerve or not.
Any feedback on this?

If it causes pain like that, certainly stop using it there. It may be that the induced microcurrents caused a nerve to give the sensation of pain. That will probably continue to get less with time. But whether or not you can find out exactly what happened, definitely don’t use the device if the result is more pain.

1 Like