Flux Health Forum

Joint cartilage

Yes, eco-Atkins or vegan Keto is an option.,

But, Dr. Barnard reversed Diabetes and told people to eat however much they wanted and Dr. McDougall does the same thing.

THEY kept track of the peoples’ calories and when they are eating high carb and very low fat, they tend to lose weight without counting calories or carbs. There are studies on it and it tends to work. People have stretch receptors in their stomachs and according to Dr. Lisle, those stretch receptors are more sensitive to carbs and often can’t detect things like oil. It is the opposite mechanism to Keto, but people lose 100 pounds without being full once they get this concept. I am not telling you to do it, I am telling you that I always found people like Dr. McDougall suspect because he would say things like that people could lose weight without exercising and without counting calories or carbs and, they could eat as much as their stomachs could hold and, most people can. Whole food and fiber gets the stretch receptors to send signals to stop hunger. Similar to how Keto people aren’t hungry. It was the Volumetrics lady who figured it out. She figured out that people ate the same volume of food, rather than staying consistent with calories (Keto works by a different mechanism, but every other eating style works by calorie density and stretch receptors and you eat the same volume whether it is a low calorie food or a high calorie food and only a small number of people have stretch receptors which can figure out that you added oil to your salad. The fats messing up the stretch receptors are partly why people become obese. Yes, if they eat refined carbs and sugar, they will also become obese just from not having fiber and not having nutrition and having blood sugar spikes make them more hungry, but people start eating whole foods, they sometimes drop 100 pounds in a 100 days. (Un-Supersize me is a case study documentary and she did drop 100 pounds in a 100 days. Penn of Penn and Teller did, too.)

Those two men work with Dr. McDougall and he has people losing hundreds of pounds and yes, they eat pasta and white potatoes and bread, but not white bread or white pasta and they don’t eat oil or nuts. Each of the Whole Food Plant Based doctors do it differently and they all are using different mechanisms.

This man lost 250 pounds on Dr. McDougall’s diet without being hungry.

https://www.drmcdougall.com/health/education/health-science/stars/stars-video/norm-weinstein/

Again, I am not saying you have to do any of it but I don’t like the way culture pits one versus the other and I just like it that we can listen to all of them and learn and Bob pleasantly surprised me because he suggested learning things dispassionately and I feel like that it critical.

Dr. Kempner reversed all sorts of diseases on The Rice Diet and he just had people eating white rice, table sugar and fruit. (He was using the mechanisms no salt, no cholesterol and no protein and low fat)

Hi Bob,
I am very interested. Apparantly I have facet joint syndrome which is very painful and makes my very physical job in healthcare difficult to perform
I have owned my M1 for a few months now, and have not really experimented with it as yet.
I am here to learn more, and share information
Thank you for creating this group

2 Likes

OK, when you start trying it, let us know what you tried and how well it works. At that point you can get a lot of suggestions.

OMG - how did I miss this!? Absolutely fascinating - thanks @PEMFenthusiast2!

Deb - sorry I missed this! Longo actually doesn’t require a water fast. For cancer patients, he suggests at least 3-5 days pre-treatments of his fasting-mimicking diet - low enough intake to trigger autophagy and apoptosis, but high enough to let them get there.

Some of my colleagues in plastic surgery research told me about 2 years ago that they were seeing a placebo effect of 70%+ in their recent research. I don’t know if that has been published yet.

Be advised though that they selectively pull out this number when confronted with data they do not want to believe, so this is abused as a “bias crutch”

1 Like

Dr Karen,

In one of Longo’s talks, he spoke about the fact he invented Mimicking Fasting because doctors wouldn’t allow him to do water fasting with their patients. In another one, he said that within 48 hours of water fasting, the body starts to replace the immune system. Mimicking fasting is the way he ended up doing it and he feels that it is better, but I have had people like my brother who would only do the 48 hour water fasting. That was before his surgery. Now, he is on immunotherapy and I am wondering if the 48 hours was enough to have his body do the whole immune system replacement process. Or if it really takes the whole 5 days. I have watched a lot of things by him and I think he said 48 hours when it was water fasting.

I know that he said that the Heme-oxygenase-1 lowers in 48 hours and that Heme Oxygenase-1 being elevated is what tricks the immune system into defending the cancer. Bringing that down can allow the T-cells to start to recognize that the cancer is cancer. I know that begins to happen at 48 hours, and my brother water fasted for 48 hours. Some of us wanted that to happen before his surgery because I wanted his immune system to have a chance to see the cancer. Plus, I wanted him to have a stronger immune system before immunotherapy.

I am wondering how much of the placebo effect might be related to hormonal changes.

I say that because WNPR had a talk earlier this year where when people get their DNA tested and find out that they have “dirty genes” they begin to have more negative hormonal changes than when they don’t learn that negative information.

I was just watching a Dr. Greger video on soups versus smoothies versus whole foods and he talked about the brain part of the equation. There was a study with milkshakes and they changed the hormonal response within people just by describing the milkshake either as indulgent decadence versus guilt free satisfaction. Ghrelin levels changed just by having their brains respond to the information.

Honestly, that is something I know absolutely nothing about.

For building cartilage, there is some evidence that collagen (Type II I believe) and especially SAM-e “may” help. I’ve been using it for years for back pain and it is the most effective supplement I’ve found in terms of pain reduction. Here are some links:

Joints are main organs to discuss as some people with osteoarthritis (OA) or rheumatoid arthritis (RA) may not be able to straighten a finger joint, which can make opening the hand wide enough to grasp an object difficult or make putting on a glove downright impossible.Such joints can make a difference in using proper medicine or by exercising for supplement for cartilage repair

Hello, I’m interested in using the M1 for cartilage repair for a torn medial meniscus. I’m wondering if there is any progress in the last year from the discussion above.

agree. a mattress with coils in key areas like shoulder, lower back, knees and foots. will be great. as a person that decide to start running and doing OCR sports afer my 40, I always have pain in my shoulders, lower back, knees and foots. I though it was because of the exercise. but every time I tell to anyone over 40 they said “me too”, doesn’t matter if they are sporty, sedentary, office workers, heavy field workers, … its seems that the majority of people over 40 have pain in their shoulders, lower back, Knees and foots. I think it will be very beneficial a mat with coils in those key areas, then the user or patient can use a loose pair of coils in other specific pain areas.

if you search, you’ll find people who have been creative in positioning their coils in custom fixed positions to sleep on

I am interested in participating in this study. I have some baseline X-rays that show my left hip missing cartilage. I have been using the m1 and it seems like the inflammation has quieted down a lot. I have many pain free days which is remarkable because the doctor called my hip “trashed.” I have ordered a c5 and am looking forward to being able to treat multiple areas at the same time.

1 Like

great! Basically just post your starting point (clinical prognosis and images if you want to share them), your procedure that you follow, for how long, as many details as possible, progress and then outcomes such as images, clinical opinion, and subjective thoughts, as much as you want to share would help a lot of people.

For someone with moderate osteoarthritis on their knees, is the deep field coils recommended or will the single pair of coils on opposite sides of the knee joint be sufficient? Also, how long realistically should someone wear the device to results? I have been reading 8 hours a day which seems to be a lot. We want to reduce the swelling the arthritis is causing on the knee. Has there been any updates on whether or not PEMF has in fact regrown knee cartilage?

A9 or M1 would be fine - per other posts, deep coils are necessary for deeper penetration to areas like hips. YMMV on timing, as your body needs many things to repair itself: sleep, vitamins and minerals, and would benefit from an overall lower level of inflammation (things like gum inflammation as recently mentioned in another post, as well as things I have covered like gut dysbiosis, clear air, clean water). Does your knee have pain? You will see reduced pain much faster than the time it would take to regrow cartilage, if that ever happens. Dr. Bob Dennis, the inventor, has shared his experiences with both hips and one responded well and cartilage regrew and the other one he waited too long. I recommend wearing the device minimum 8 hours, and if possible 16 to 24 hours a day for one full month and see if you notice anything such as reduced pain (if you have any), great mobility, etc. If you do, keep using it for as many months until you are ready to get another image of your knee. Even if imagery doesn’t show much change, utilization of your knee without pain is possible as reported by others with other joints. Please report back your findings.

1 Like

Doesn’t seem to be a lot of pain (this is fit my mom). There is reduced motion though compared to the left knee according to her physiotherapist. She had good hip range with almost no take difficulty. Of hands, do you know if pemf can be used to stimulate and loosen up back muscles?

ICES PEMF worked quite well on a frozen shoulder in our experience.