Flux Health Forum

ION Footbath

@Bob, have you ever take a look at Ion Footbaths and whether using ICES M1 pulsing underneath a plastic foot tub of water would provide a similar effect? Ion Footbaths looked like a scam to me (even when one understands the discoloration is from electrolysis), however, even after reviewing many articles including a study (that said there wasn’t much difference in water contents), I decided to buy one and see first hand if it yields any response in my family. One of us has a horrible time detoxing (as seen on my other posts), and while this too caused a reaction, the resulting effect after a couple days each time after use was quite positive. Who knows, maybe a placebo effect, but then again, it reminded me of the effect of putting ICES M1 on the gut. There is a talk from Dr. Klinghardt that seemed to imply, at least in my ignorant view, that there is a structured water effect here - whatever that is as it relates to detoxing, I don’t know.

I honestly don’ know much about it, sorry :frowning:

Different footbaths give different results and are most certainly not created equal. I have had an IonCleanse for about 20 years and used it personally and professionally. Results are pretty good. It is an expensive unit and they have FDA approval. They also have a place for questions and answers. I have not tried using my M1 along with it but have used it before and after. My reason for using the M1 is for pain and not detox tho.

what things do an ion foot bath detox?

Again an Ion footbath and Ion Cleanse are different devices. You can read about the Ion Cleanse at A Major Difference. I mostly used it to detox heavy metals and yeast although it has many uses. There is even a site where they discuss it’s use with great results for autism. I don’t think it is appropriate to discuss it here so check out the website.

@Bob just double checking… it’s fine discussing other non pemf therapies in appropriate forum areas like this right?

I would think so since we are long time active members of the forum adding value with our personal experiences in the correct forum of the site.

1 Like

Sure, as long as it is not just a brazen advertisement from some marketer who has no interest in actually engaging in an intelligent discussion. Obviously that is not the case for either of you, so you and any other genuine contributors are welcome to discuss topics that you think will be helpful and informative.

3 Likes

Thanks for sharing your experiences. We will keep trying the ion footbath device and see how things progress and report back. The one we purchased is from platinum energy systems.

An aside:
Interestingly, I looked at A Major Difference site and saw the cost of the device (which seemed within 20% of other type devices), and one of the business models around leased devices and buying minutes. Recognizing that Ion Foot Baths and Ion Cleanse devices are not the same as ICES-PEMF, I wanted to share some musings:

I have always appreciated @Bob’s pursuit of excellence, his transparency, his scrappiness, and his super lean cost structure making ICES-PEMF affordable for so many. So glad he has made ICES-PEMF available to the world at affordable prices and doesn’t mark up his products the way the traditional health device business does with all the marketing bells/whistles/ and overhead. The latter doesn’t negate the positive effects of some health devices, but am grateful for @Bob’s approach. Based on the types of devices out there across various modalities, he seems to price his ICES-PEMF technology based devices at least half if not one fourth of the average price of what he could reasonably charge. Not to mention ICES-PEMF just plain works for all 20 plus people I know who purchased one at my recommendation.

In addition, I have purchased multiple ICES PEMF devices, including a couple in the last two months, for relatives who have experienced incredible pain relief if not permanent improvement in function for a host of different ailments. The relatively affordable price allows us the opportunity to give these as gifts to family if they share with us they are in major pain and suffering greatly.

I am not criticizing A Major Difference or the leased minutes business model (I have to hand it to them for being creative with one of their pricing models), I am just grateful I don’t have to use an app to buy more minutes to use ICES PEMF devices. My originally purchased ICES M1 is nearly 3 years old and has been turned on over 1500 times and has run for thousands of hours and is still going strong. It has been worn by adults, kids, and our dog, taken the abuse which that invariably brings, and is still going strong. This level of high quality engineering, packaging, and relatively affordable pricing is incredibly rare, even more so in this century, where obsolescence is designed into nearly every device.

With gratitude to @Bob.

1 Like

I have a pretty strong opinion on any app or product that uses the “metered use” model:

As a product developer, I can tell you that it takes a lot of effort to meter, limit, or throttle the use of any product or service. Some times (but rarely) this is necessary for safety or other reasons, but when a product just shuts off and requires an additional payment for continued use, this is the worst form of designed obsolescence with the explicit intent to abuse consumers.

In some cases, more effort goes into the metering and throttling than into the actual function of the product itself. This is especially true when there is no real cost to the manufacturer if you can simply continue to use their product by changing batteries, or careful use and maintenance. The irony is that it actually costs them more to make the product less useful to you. When they make the decision to cross that line, that’s when I say “NO”.

Basically, when they spend time and resources to meter or throttle anything, it should be a red flag to you that their priority is not to help you; their priority is to get you hooked then pump money out of you. They might also incidentally help you a little bit, but their priority is to abuse your trust to take your money.

I feel so strongly about this that any product with an arbitrary meter or limit is a non-starter for me. I do not purchase or use anything with an arbitrary limit or throttle. When given the opportunity to do so, I give very strong, detailed negative feedback to the manufacturer or distributor. That kind of predatory marketing behavior needs to be strongly discouraged.

I would go so far as to say that there is nothing, no product, with arbitrary limits or metered use that you really need. These are not designed to help you, they are designed to abuse you.

I hear what you are saying about the metering. I happen to have an older machine that is not set up that way. I just replace the plates on it about every 1000 hours. They come up for sale occasionally and are most certainly worth the investment if you see one. I have had noticeable improvements and have permission from my sister to share her experience. She had non invasive bypass heart surgery around the year 2000. She complained constantly of feeling very bloated. I used the Ion Cleanse with her and and it looked like someone had dumped a container of sour cream in the container. She had sooooo much yeast in her system. The next one was pretty much normal an no more bloating. Others have had similar experiences after surgeries too.

I’ve always wondered if that’s what i was seeing when i see stark white… would you happen to know if stark white, twisted, knotted, rope like segments after a bm is likely fungal? thinking about how fungal infection looks like on skin, I’m starting to believe that’s what I’m seeing from time when i see that in the bowl.

sorry… don’t know how else to talk about this, but I’ve always wondered what the heck i was seeing. it appears to be a good thing to be purging this tho. I’ll have to pay more attention to what may trigger these events in hopes to have a better idea what works for that. :thinking::crazy_face::thinking: