Flux Health Forum

Intercostal injury

Hi guys, boring question alert. My 16 yo was tackled in a rugby match and now he has intercostal muscle strain (possibly tear).
Is Omni 8 at 8 the best setting for it? Or is it better to start low?
Thank you!

I tore my hamstring last summer and Omni 8 at Intensity 9 worked wonders for me. I could bearly walk but was able to within 24 hours, and the entire hamstring was blue and black four about 1.5 weeks. Wearing the ICES PEMF M1 nearly 24x7 for two weeks had me fully restored. It was incredible watching the discoloration transform to normal where the coils were as well as feeling the center of pain migrate based on where it was healing causing other smaller tears to be self evident. I would move the coils each day to where I felt the most pain or weakness.

1 Like

Just my opinion: Since he’s young and the injury is acute, consider a bit higher intensity, maybe 9 or 10. And @TajD has excellent suggestions too IMO.

2 Likes

I agree, bruising goes very quickly with M1. He had a nice shiner under his eye after another match last year just before a black-tie event- the bruise disappeared in about 4 days. I couldn’t believe my eyes