Flux Health Forum

Intensity levels in research

@Bob have you ever done an analysis of the intensity level used in PEMF research? I’m curious of all of the thousands of PEMF studies that have shown any degree of effectiveness, what percentage used high to very high intensity applications.

Because there is no universally recognized standard of what constitutes low, medium, high, and very high intensity, I will extrapolate from Doctor P’s website.

The only device on his site that he currently lists as low intensity is a Biomat that maxes out at 10 G. The number of other mats on the market that produce even lower intensities than this.

Medium intensity devices include Micro-pulse, flexpulse, and Parmed Home, which all max out around 200 G. For the sake of argument, let’s call 10 - 200 G the medium intensity range.

High intensity devices start around 200 G and Max out at 2500 G.

Very high intensity devices are those within intensity levels above 2500 G.

It is claimed by some sources that most of the research supports the use of high or very high intensity devices. However, most of the studies that I have looked at actually seem to fall in the medium to low range. My observations are random and not comprehensive, so I was wondering if you have ever looked into this in a systematic way.

1 Like

Here here’s a metanalysis for pain treatment that I just came across. The authors admit there were significant limitations in their study due to the lack of consistent parameters between studies. With that in mind, one of their conclusions was that there was no significant difference in outcomes according to intensity.

1 Like

Basically NO PEMF study is comparable to another or reproducible because the exact Information to do so is lacking.

Intensity Levels should be stated in T/s (Tesla/second), plus the impuls-duration and wave-form used. No one except @Bob gives these specs for their devices. “G” or “Gauss” alone says nothing!

Best,
hans

2 Likes

Yes, I have studied the importance of intensity extensively. I started by reviewing every scientific paper in every language available (Translated by U-Michigan Library) on this topic (660 papers total in 1996). I have done independent studies on this topic at NASA, various universities, several private companies, my own private laboratory, and at a GLP certified third party contract laboratory. I posted my findings on this question in dozens of locations on this FORUM, several peer-reviewed papers, embedded the findings into my technology that has been issued 4 United States patents, made countless YouTube videos, given many interviews, and presented it at many scientific and clinical meetings.

So, yes, I think I can say I’ve studied and reported on the importance of the parameters of PEMF, including intensity, frequency, and waveform.
Do I have all the answers? No.
Do I know everything about it? No.
Have I been wrong in the past and had to change my mind? Yes.

But, after 25 years of studying PEMF intensely, here are my opinions.
1- First, the scientific literature on PEMF is extremely low quality. By my count, only 3% of the peer-reviewed scientific literature on PEMF had reported their PEMF parameters correctly and completely. Thus, at the time (1996), and since then, in my scientific opinion: the published scientific literature on PEMF is largely useless, misleading and incorrect. Only a few papers are worth anything, and you would need to be a highly-specialized scientist to tell them from the background noise.
2- All that can I can conclude, incorporating the very rare good scientific papers that have been published, plus my own extensive experiments:
It is NOT about intensity (peak Gauss)
It is (mostly) NOT about “frequency”
What matters most (as I explain dozens of times here on this FORUM) are the following two parameters:
dB/dt
pulse width

If you are really interested, please take the time to look up any of my many posts on this topic on this FORUM. I explain why intensity and frequency are not directly important, and why the parameters dB/dt and pulse width are. I explain it carefully, in detail, and at length.

These are my current opinions. Of course, I could be wrong. If new information comes to light, I will change my mind. It’s been over a quarter century… I’m still waiting…

4 Likes