Flux Health Forum

ICES Improvement suggestions

Dear Bob, I was watching a few of the introductions videos and you have referred to the Firmware of the M1 device. I am curious if I can update the Firmware to the latest version on my computer? I have not found any information about Firmware-Update yet.

Thank you!
Uwe

Software updates are done using a programmer and compiler in my laboratory. This is part of a large number of design and maintainability decisions, but the bottom line is that I do all of the programming using specialized hardware.

The revision you have is the most recent, and there have been no upgrades since because none have been necessary. People get used to frequent upgrades because most products get rushed to market and need constant correction. But for the M1, the version you have is very stable and reliable, nothing in the software would be expected to improve the function of the device at this point, and I do not have plans to upgrade it.

3 Likes

Just to affirm what Bob said: I would NOT want a coil or belt loop for the reasons he stated.

Also, for what it’s worth, I once had a pair of cell phone ear buds that recoiled by spring action into a small plastic case on my belt. The frequent coiling/uncoiling wore out the wires in a few weeks.

General future modification to M1 (P9): It sounds to me (albeit after 2 weeks of use) that the various protocols on the M1 (and P9) are possible choices of frequencies that work better/worse for some and that each person needs to try each frequency on themselves to see how it affects them.

Can there be a setting that runs EVERY protocol for one or two cycles (or for 15 minutes let’s say) ? This way, a user can get some Omni-8, along with Shumann variations, along with various brainwaves.

Thanks,

Hi Avi,
That is a very reasonable suggestion. I had field tested that Idea many years ago, as well as field testing randomly-generated patterns.

The problem with cycling through the available patterns is that most people find at least a few of the patterns to be somewhat irritating.

It might be possible to write more code to allow people to pick and choose which patterns they want to repeat, and which ones not to repeat in this cycle.

But, as it turns out, the microcontrollers I am using are pretty much maxxed-out for memory and performance, and any time I have tried to add any functionality to the M1 or C5, it always comes at a cost where I have to delete some functions, or the device stops operating reliably, or some other problem.

And for all the work that would go into struggling to make that function, when a smaller and simpler version of it was available upon field testing, no one used it much anyway.

1 Like

Hello Dr. Bob! I have an idea for an M2 or P2 (M4 or P4?) or call it what you wish. I see that the M1 (or P9 which I have and LOVE) is suitable for 2 coils. It is portable. 9V battery option is great! Have you come across others who enjoy “double stacking”? I do! The reason is that I FEEL IT. We know it goes deeper from the literature, so I know it’s not just a “feeling” but a reality.

But I find myself wanting to be able to also double stack at a 2nd area besides the 1 area with a double stack. To be specific, I like the idea of placing a double stack over an artery which has been described elsewhere on the forum. But I also want to add a double stacked coil to a target area that I am working on for healing. Why sacrifice one over the other, when I can have both? That’s my rationale for wanting a 2nd coil pair.

We know, the C5 has the more coils (4 pairs). Can you create a happy medium between portability and extra coils, to just DOUBLE the current M1 or P9 size? This new device can have 2 extra coils, so it would be half of the C5 and I would propose it should have room for 2 9V batteries since it would require double the power of the m1/p9.

This new device would be the perfect balance between portability and function. Those who want “ultra” portability can still use the P9. Those who don’t mind a bit larger device for more coils ----but don’t want the C5 due to the portability issue---- can use this new model.

I hear a voice (haha) telling me to just buy a 2nd P9 —however I suspect it would be bulkier than if you would create a P4 (this new device, or maybe “P18” since it’s double the P9…anyway…“name to be determined”).

Can I do a special order for these “2-P9’s-in-one” possibly?

I see from your posts that you are happy with your C5 but I understand it requires an energy bank for using away from a wall plug in so it’s not as portable.

Maybe I’m just one of those happy ICES users who needs to just get the C5 and use the power bank? By the way, I found the Energizer 10mAh was good for the P9 (and didn’t shut down due to low power draw) but was unnecessarily bulky when I found the 9V EBL rechargeables.

I suspect that at some point, for me, the C5 would be great for overnight use to get that extra coil power but for portability the other 2/3 of the day, I would love extra coils then too (even if not 4 pairs total like the C5) and would ask how to attain this with a special build or a new model being introduced.

Thanks!

Avi.

giphy

I did have such a device, about 8 years ago, called the “model M2”. I sold precisely 2 of them. So I absorbed a net loss of about half a million dollars. This is because every new device, with all of the new design work, testing, new injection molds, etc. costs me about $400k to $500k minimum.

You can get exactly the same outcome doing as you suggest while allowing me to also send my children to college by doing either of the two things you suggest would work but would be less convenient:

Use two M1s or two A9s
Use a C5