Flux Health Forum

ICES for Chronic Injuries

Hi @Bob – how would pemf help chronic injuries? I understand that it can accelerate healing, but if some ligament or tendon has been chronically lax (may be inflamed, but not as well supported), by what mechanism would pemf tighten it or heal it? Will it know that this has to be healed unless the area is triggered again? I know that you mentioned connective tissue taking a longer time to heal, is there any estimate on how long could it take for chronic laxity (months or years)? Any anecdotes would be helpful! thank you

The main mechanism seems to be related to the reduction of pathologic chronic inflammation. We all suffer from this, increasingly as we get older. It seems to interfere with or even prevent normal healing, and probably accelerates tissue damage because inflamed tissue is much weaker than healthy tissue, so it is much easier to injure and then to continue injuring. This is especially true for tendons/ligaments/joint surfaces such as articular cartilage.

When this chronic inflammation is reduced, healing can occur at the normal rate, which seems like a miraculous acceleration to an older person. But it is really just a lot more like the normal healing rate of a young adult.

People respond differently, but in general what I myself experienced and what I hear a lot is that if you are persistent and use the device at least 6 hours per day every day, joint/ligament injuries tend to initially stabilize within a few days or a week or so (i.e., they stop getting worse, which itself is great IMO), and then with persistent use they can even reverse themselves and start to get better in a few months. But this varies widely, even within one person. For example, I was able to stop and then reverse the degeneration of my right hip with several months of daily use, but was not as fortunate with my left hip some years later. The general parameters are:

The longer you use ICES-PEMF every day, the better the results and the faster they will come. For some injuries, I and others have used ICES-PEMF day and night (24/7) for weeks or months with great outcomes.

Some injuries seem to be just too advanced and never recover, but usually it does seem to be possible to stop them from getting worse. Depending on your circumstances this may be good enough.

3 Likes

Do you have joint laxity / tendon issues due to a collagen deficiency? ICES PEMF + Vibration Plate (to strengthen muscles around the joints) + supplements (Flexcin and a few others) have helped me considerably in the areas of ligament/tendon/joint issues.

2 Likes

Hi TajD… I was just looking into Flexcin after reading about it in your comment here… Just wondering what the other supplements were that you used? Cheers :slight_smile:

Taking most of the ones listed here has been helpful: https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15607555/.

Also strength training (x3bar) has reduced the hyper mobility of my joints.