Flux Health Forum

ICES A9 for cold or flu?

Hi I just got the A9 last week and today I woke up with congestion in my chest (not from the A9) and coughing. Basically the start of an illness…either a chest cold or something like that.

Can I use the A9 to help kick this out of my body? If so, any ideas on placement? Thanks.
I am so excited to have the A9. Hopefully to help with my plantar fasciitis and deep hip issue.

Congrats on your purchase. Out of all the health devices I own, ICES PEMF is at the top of the list in terms of delivering the best results for pretty much any pain or injury for our family.

We have had positive reports on the forum of putting a coil on on the back over each lung. I have also done this and found it helped remove and then keep congestion from settling in my chest.

Here is a post on this as well: Anyone found ICES to help with lung issues?

1 Like

@monteroman, I am curious - how did you learn about ICES PEMF? I learned about it through Joe Cohen about 5 years ago on one of his selfhacked pages.

I am doing OrthoGold 100 Tissue Regeneration Technology treatment on my foot for plantar fasciitis at my chiropractor and the assistant, who suffers from chronic back pain due to accident, mentioned (and showed me) the A9 and how it has been a lifesaver for her. She also has the M1.

1 Like

I have not tried using ices tech for congestion, BUT i have successfully used to remedy my stuffy nose from cold. this stuffy nose was one of those things where you could blow your nose all day and it will still be annoyingly clogged, and dunno why.

TWO THINGS resolved this and it is the fact that it resolved this type of stuffy nose (due to inflammation in sinuses), that I would conclude that these two remedies address inflammation:

1. wim hof breathing method… 5-7 iterations and my stuffy nose was CLEARED!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0D-HGg_2nk&ab_channel=TAKEADEEPBREATH
  2. ices coils side by side on M using a9 for ~20mins - CLEARED!
  • this method is good for if you’re too lazy to do wim hof breathing method… wim hof breathing will give you a nice high that ices won’t, but that’s not w/o effort :slight_smile:

i also had plantar fasciitis from too much running… mild case that lasted 2-3days using ICES… I have used overnight at M side by side in a sock… was able to run as soon as the pain was gone. :slight_smile: … side note, i didn’t try 2-3 days of wim hof breathing, so not sure if that would work too haha

2 Likes

thanks OptimalHealth…sorry I am new but will you help me understand what is “M”? In this statement? “I have used overnight at M side by side in a sock”

He is referring the the A9 that has three power settings - Low, Medium and High. Medium corresponds to power level 9, protocol Omni 8 on the M1 you purchased.

2 Likes

sorry for all the shorthand talk … exactly what tajd said… side by side coils… have you seen this video yet?

i used a sock to hold the coils in place

I never thought of using M1 for colds and flus, but I haven’t had a cold or flu for the past several years. A friend latched me onto an old folk remedy that has been growing in popularity among the western alternative health community: cosmeticians will use it for facials, but traditionally, the Chinese have always used it for treating colds, flus, fevers and general aches and pain. It’s called Guasha in Chinese or translated in English as microabrasion.

You can buy the guasha tool made from jade or cowhorn, but you can also substitute with a Japanese or Chinese ceramic soup spoon (metal spoons are a little too sharp, though they will still work). Guasha takes only minutes to do and it’s both effective and fast-acting.

Lightly smear on some coconut oil to lubricate the back of the neck and back (the skin absorbs the oil quickly so it’s not very greasy). Aim your scraping tool starting at the base of the neck and scrape firmly (but not too much that it becomes painful) in one direction downwards. Do not scrape up and down as scraping back and forth will cause the toxins to re-enter the body.

Wikipedia show an image of someone’s back which is the result of the scraping. It looks pretty bad; however, if it’s done right, it’s not painful at all but rather soothing. The colour can range from pinkish (meaning you are pretty clean of toxins) to dark purplish red (meaning a lot of toxins); if you don’t have a lot of toxins in you, the marks (aka petechia) can fade within minutes, otherwise within a day or two. Do not take a bath/shower for at least an hour after guasha (b/c pores are open and exposed to further toxins coming in). I prefer to do it just before retiring to bed, because it helps me to relax.

Several years back, when I suddenly started sneezing and sniffling badly at work and it looked like I was in for a major cold, my boss was pretty sure I would call in sick, but I did some guasha after getting home that night and in less than half an hour, I was pretty much recovered. You need to do the guasha at the start of the cold. If you wait a few days when the cold settles in, it won’t be as effective.

thanks…yes I have seen the intro videos. I want to make sure I use the A9 correctly and not cause other problems. I am nervous about putting in near my heart since the heart uses electrical pulses. I don’t want to screw up my heart . :slightly_smiling_face:

hmmm…i believe there’s more radiation coming off the phone and emf from all the technology that we surround ourselves with in today’s environment. i haven’t noticed any direct impact in my health numbers measured by my Garmin nor questionable symptoms when using coils near or on heart.

as you experiment like i have over the years, I have learned there’s a lot of benefits that outweigh any negative symptoms like detox effects that can be noted by self and many others.

I’m clearly a fan, but my enthusiasm is from my consistent use and experimentation on myself and loved ones over the years… ices tech has come through for many things I’d experimented with when it came to pain and inflammation. keep reading, experimenting, and interacting with the group! i believe you’d get nothing but great results in doing so over time!