Flux Health Forum

Heliobacter pilori and PEMF

Hi ICES users,

A friend of mine has been diagnosed with heliobacter pilori (an unwanted germ that infects the gastric mucosa, which can eventually even lead to ulcers). To prevent ulcers in more severe cases, standard treatment consists of a cocktail of antibiotics which can harm the gut flora, so if PEMF could do anything this would be very welcome.

Since I’ve not been able to find (PEMF) literature on heliobacter pilori, I was curious whether anyone here has seen research (or perhaps even have found relief for this condition using PEMF) ?

I also wondered, could there perhaps be any reason not to try PEMF (e.g. the germ itself possibly benefitting from it) ?

PEMF is excellent for shifting the microbiome. I haven’t done a test after our last GI MAP with Zonulin test, but we did find slightly elevated H Pylori and we have been using Doctor’s Best Pepzin GI (Zinc l-carnosine). We worked up slowly (1/2 capsule at a time) to 3 capsules per day. There are multiple articles on pubmed about Zinc l-carnosine and H Pylori.

TajD

Thanks !

Ran into yet another not PEMF related :disappointed: but for those with H.Pilori very interesting, research backed approach based on a natural antibiotic, sulforaphane, which is present in broccoli sprouts. For those interested: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oDbPfIwkmsA

Unfortunately I have no information at all on this application, either way.

Good call - we use Sulforaxym

If PEMF doesn’t work, the herb pau d’arco will. I had a friend who developed ulcers from the infection and I suggested pau d’arco which is from a bark of a South American rainforest tree that is anti-bacterial, anti-fungal, anti-viral and natives even use it to treat or prevent cancer. It needs to be the inner bark of the tree. Make sure you get it from a reputable and sustainable source, as there are many unscrupulous companies that will even throw in sawdust fillers or poor quality products.

Thanks for this information ! (hadn’t heard of the herb before)

Out here in Vancouver, Canada, we get lots of black mold because of the humidity. I always keep some pau d’arco on hand to clean the window sills and anywhere mold might grow.

When using pau d’arco, best to boil in ceramic pot – it doesn’t do as well in metal. And NEVER microwave! For more information on how to prepare and use it: www.chikung-unlimited.com/Pau-darco.

Not PEMF or ICES but there is a lot of research that reports that sulforaphane, the beneficial chemical that is created when you crush or chew raw cruciferous veggies, keeps h.pylori at bay in your stomach. Broccoli sprouts, that you can grow at home for pretty cheap, have the highest concentration potential of creating sulforaphane. I’ve made them at home for years and while it’s kind of a pain to rinse them twice a day and make sure they don’t get bacterial growing in them, it’s worth figuring it out if you realize all the other things sulforaphane may be helpful for (some cancers, some neurodegenerative diseases, inflammation, autism even, etc). Just go to pubmed website above and type “sulforaphane” and see how much excitement there is in the research community over it. It only takes me 3-4 days from seed to edible sprout.

There are a number of videos on YouTube about how to sprout at home and interviews with one of the leading sulforaphane researchers. He’s quite humble. Dr. Jed Fahey. He has given some interviews on his research and has no commercial interests AFAIK.

There are supplement versions out there but even Dr. Fahey says there is only one he’s confirmed has the enzyme and precursor to make sulforaphane. I just don’t trust the pills to give me what they claim or enough to get the same effect as the fresh sprouts.

I suggest this intense research overview video about sulforaphane to learn more. For full disclosure, Dr. Rhonda Patrick might have a course or something she is selling–I forget-- but this video is just about the science.

I’m a new poster but long time reader. I’ll probably post my ICES experience soon.