Flux Health Forum

Hardware removal surgery and Calcium

Hi. I had hardware removal recently (3weeks ago) from a right olecranon fracture. I am using my a9 24/7 and have upped my Vitamin D, magnesium and am taking some K2 (with my Vit D). My question is what is a good calcium supplement to take with this? There are many types; Calcium carbonate, Calcium citrate, etc. Thanks in advance.

Are you taking K2 MK7? https://www.amazon.com/absorption-clinically-Formulated-Certified-Veggie-Softgels/dp/B00JGCPAYY/

I am taking that along with Venco Osteosheath 4. https://www.vincoinc.com/supplements-collection/osteosheath-4 to improve bone density.

Alternatively, I am looking at Xymogen OSAplex MK7 https://www.xymogen.com/formulas/products/10967

Both are primarily using Calcium as Microcrystalline Hydroxyapatite (MCHC) predominantly in their formulations.

Hi. Thanks. Yes I am taking D3 (1000iu)+ K2 (MK7-120mcg -1 tablet, Naka Platinum), 3 tablets D3(1000iU each), so a total of 4000IU between the two products. I live in Canada (Manitoba), so no natural Vitamin D during the months of November to February for mešŸ˜¢.

I also take Magnesium L-Threonate (1 cap- 48 mg elemental magnesium, 144 mg from Magtein - Magnesium L-Threonate)daily. I do not take as much Magnesium suggested on the product label, 3 tablets for a total of 144 elemental magnesium, 2000 mg Magnesium from Magtein - Magnesium L-Threonate)because I usually have a Hydrant (electrolyte drink) daily and it also has magnesium in it.

But I guess I never thought about Calcium. I have a subscription to Consumer Lab Reports but they still go through lots of different types of calcium amd I want one that will help me with my recovery.

One interesting note @Bob is that the A9 has been awesome since I started using it! I have been moving it around, chasing my pain and swelling and I had only one nasty area left (where the screws were taken out). Well that disappeared overnight! I am
Pretty happy!

2 Likes

I like the second formula better (OSAplex). I am a cancer survivor, BRcA1 positive so I do not do any supplements with copper in them. Even dietary stuff has to be avoided. I actually drink green tea and take Tumeric in salad dressings daily to chelate copper.

But I would still would prefer to take just a plain calcium supplement (not a combo). Just donā€™t know which one is best.

wow, thatā€™s great that the A9 helped you with a speedy recovery! I am very happy to hear that, and I am very glad for you.

As for supplements, my take on it is probably unusual: when in doubt, I usually take a variety of different forms, and I also take them from a variety of different manufacturers. This is not to say that I overload on high doses, not at all. I just cycle through them in normal amounts, but generally taking the different forms every day.

I do this for a number of reasons. The main reason is that different forms have different additional advantages, for example, citrate by itself has advantages such as breaking down biofilms, and other forms have different sorts of advantages and synergies. For many supplements, some forms are more bioavailable, some cross the blood-brain barrier better, some are better tolerated gastrointestinally, some have a longer duration in the blood, some are electron donors, etc. So, rather than trying to find one optimal type, I get an additional benefit from using several different forms that are known to be good, each having additional benefits or advantages depending on the exact form. And that way, I do not spend a lot of time or wasted effort engaging in the endless arguments on this topic.

Thatā€™s my strategy, I hope it is helpful.

2 Likes

Hereā€™s more food for thought from https://nutritionfacts.org/

RE: lead in Calcium supplements. I found this so scary I stopped taking my MINERAL supplements for leg cramps -a couple of months now! I can only hope the brain fog came from late night reading and nothing more serious. Anyway it hasnā€™t affected my muscle cramping but I attribute that to drinking apple cider vinegar about every other night and drinking lots of water! (I am able to drink raw grass fed cowā€™s milk in CA which I boil in my A.M. coffee daily for my calcium supply).
Another good reason for rotation of supplements is that, according to Hulda Clark in her book Cure for All Diseases, she believes that the solvents used from industrial cleaners is poisoning us, i.e. supplements, as they contain benzeneā€¦ However, I canā€™t find her exact remarks but she does say that benzene is the solvent that does the most harm. ā€œIt goes to the thymus, ruins our immune system, and causes AIDS. The next worst solvent is propyl alcohol. It goes to the liver and causes cancer in some distant organ.ā€ Again, just food for thought, more like headache. I used to fast regularly when I was younger and the Yoga system of fasting one day a week on orange juice is probably one of the most useful habits to detox, but who has the time. Now I cook (control their diet) for two men in my family and Iā€™m supposed to be retired!
Dr. Clark also suggests the electronic devices:

1. Zapper: A compact pulse generator, 9-volt, output 30 KHz. It kills all parasites, bacteria, viruses, molds, & fungi even though their individual resonant frequencies are either higher or lower (50 KHz to 900 KHz).
  2. Syncrometer, It lets you diagnose yourself and monitor you progress until you are cured. It consists of an audio oscillator circuit with your body as part of the circuit. Utilizing samples of parasites or pollutants, it lets you test for them in any product or body tissue. She includes the design.
  3. Frequency generator. You can use it to electrocute individual organisms, or together with the Syncrometer to find an organismā€™s particular frequency. (On the basis that a lot of disease is caused by parasites).
    So this is completely over my head and I wondering how these frequencies compare to the ones we have in my M1 device. The pain in my bicep isnā€™t healing as quickly as Iā€™d like but it is definitely getting better.

Well, I have done extensive technical analysis of these devices, and I know something of the people who developed them, and itā€™s my technical opinion that the ones you mention make fraudulent claims about having specific frequencies for specific effects. This is all very technical and honestly there is no simple explanation that I know of, but the way they describe it, it really would not work that way.

Now, keep in mind that the claim of specific ā€œresonant frequenciesā€ and frequency-based diagnosis is very different from the question: do electrical stimulation devices help kill parasites.

My technical opinion is that the first part is fraud, but the second part is possibly true. What fraudulent marketers do is try to find something with a tiny bit of truth in it, then build a compelling narrative around it. Humans are natural story tellers and we also as a species like to build mental models to explain (and predict) the world around us. So these charlatans take a tiny bit of truth and use human behavior to build a story where they end up offering to sell you a secret that does something you need, such as healing.

These devices are, in my opinion, just a modern example of this ancient scam. Proving or disproving the basic kernel of truth is not the point, the point is whether or not the rest of their story is true.

Many people embed these beliefs so deeply into their thinking and emotions that no amount of facts, logic, or reason will change their mind. They will accept only statements that support their existing cherished beliefs. So, I donā€™t bother trying to prove or disprove anything like this to anyone. And of course, it is always possible that I am just wrong.

So, with that in mind:

Based on my understanding of the science behind all of this, you really canā€™t compare these (or similar) devices to our ICES-PEMF technology on the basis of their fraudulent and misleading terminology. Any comparison would be a very technical-level comparison, and to compare outcomes such as parasite removal you would need to do experiments to test the effect.

But my goal is not to change your mind or to be ā€œrightā€, my goal is to help people by helping them make informed decisions. For people with a strong placebo response it is actually better to reinforce their beliefs, because the placebo response is stronger than many modern drug effects. So, for people who benefit from and believe the claims of these or any other devices, I advise going with whatever works for you. Itā€™s just that when anyone asks me for an opinion, I have the obligation to tell the truth as I see it. And of course, I could be wrong.

1 Like

Thank you all for your advice!

On the topic of rotating supplements, I agree with your thoughts in general for doing so. One thing that I have found is that some supplement manufacturers have quality control problems from time to time, even good suppliers have the occasional problem. So, if they have one bad batch (this has happened to me) you might unknowingly get stuck with a bottle full of a supplement that is much less pure or effective than normal. Just one bottle might set you up for half a year or more of using a deficient supplement. This is a rare event and is unlikely to happen to multiple different manufacturers at the same time. So, if you rotate supplement brands/manufacturers you will automatically reduce the negative effects of a defective batch of a supplement: You will still get benefits from the good batches from other manufacturers, and the effects of impurities in the one bad batch would be reduced.