Flux Health Forum

Gastrointestinal

I wonder if GI would be a good category since it’s such a huge system and so many people are having so many GI troubles these days.

The reason I’m interested is because my wife started having GI troubles last year to the point where she receives all her food intravenously (TPN). After hundreds of visits to the doctors and scores of tests, we still haven’t really figured out what the problem is… or how to solve it. She is constantly in pain and can eat hardly any solid food by mouth; if she does, it usually causes pain.

Her main problem is gut motility. We have narrowed it down to likely being partly caused by her colon since transit times here are slow. (She is currently looking into surgery to have her colon removed, which we’d rather avoid if possible.) We also know that she has extremely tight pelvic floor muscles, which is likely contributing to the problem.

My own theory is that stress is the main component in all this, both directly and indirectly. She has been under a good deal of stress in the past 5 years, a divorce, a car accident that possibly caused a TMI (though she seems to have recovered from those outward symptoms), job stress for the past two years, and now the stress of not eating and being in constant pain. Many digestive issues are caused by stress and in my opinion this stress has certainly been a major cause, including causing her pelvic floor muscles to tighten.

A further component of stress is that she had been taking SSRIs for six years. She tapered off about a year and half ago. Shortly after, she began experiencing the first symptoms with a discomfort in her side. In my opinion, it is likely that the disruption in serotonin levels (an essential component of the GI system) initiated a chain reaction which had been building due to stress.

She has been using ICES (C5 and M1) on her stomach in various places for the past 2 months, but has not noticed any relief. We’ve been focusing on her colon for the past two weeks.

She has also been testing in the midrange with Brain Gauge tests: time perception, TOJ, and Speed (45-70) and a little low on accuracy (~75). This makes me think it there is likely a brain-GI connection that’s causing this. Which is affecting which, I’m not sure as I’ve read chronic conditions can often affect these.

1. Does anyone have any recommendations for places on the brain (and settings) to use ICES associated with the aforementioned tests and GI system?
  2. Does anyone have any recommendations where to use ICES to to help the pelvic floor muscles? And settings?
1 Like

I’m so sorry to hear about the troubles y’all are having. Sounds like a really bad thing. I can’t really answer your two questions, but I would like to recommend a book that might have some answers about helping her situation. It’s called “Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation” by Andreas Moritz. This book has been a lifesaver for our family in multiple ways. It’s here in paperback or only $9.99 on Kindle: Timeless Secrets of Health and Rejuvenation, 4th Edition https://www.amazon.com/dp/097927575X/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_Ak5RDb5ZXWWQX

I hope she can find relief quickly!

Consider biome depletion as a possible contributor to your wife’s problem.

I lived on an elemental diet for many years, and was briefly on TPN, but my situation changed dramatically when I took part in a clinical trial in which I was deliberately infected with a few helminths. You can read my story here:
http://www.foodsmatter.com/allergy_intolerance/food_intolerance/articles/worms_for_food_intolerance.html

on the note of using (N.A.) helminths to heal your body… there are many health groups out there that would say it’s that category (parasites/helminths) that are main cause to the ailments many suffer. while it’s not accurate nor fair to make a blanket statement that all parasites are bad, such infections are never due to a single pathogen issue… when our immune system is compromised, our defenses are down and we are vulnerable to many infection vectors and risks.

unfortunately, we do not have technology nor robust education developed enough to detect the variety of pathogens that can wreak havoc on our health… while the NA heminth I’m assuming jayess was “inoculated” (some would say infected) with may have helped, there are other cofactors of concern that can complicate things (ie, bacteria, fungus, virus, etc). I’d personally be concerned about the idea of introducing an organism into my body even if their life cycle does not continue such that they do not reproduce in our bodies, how would it interact with what may already exist but just may not be detected in the person’s body?

i am biased against this idea because i am personally dealing with parasites in my system, and I’m coming from the ugly side of what parasites can do to our bodies.

in my own experience and others who suffer from similar symptoms of pathogenic infections, i would not recommend introducing an organism into the body… too many unknowns that you cannot control and that you would be assuming would keep to one species of organism on the body to deal with.

@stevienix Thanks for the book recommendation and well-wishes. I’ll check it out!

@Jayess & @OptimalHealth Thanks for sharing your story, Jayess. I’ll pass it on to my wife.

I’ve read/heard about helminth-therapy here and there and it’s great success in some cases. I’ve also read plenty of stories about parasitic infection (though I haven’t seen any stories where helminth therapy went awry, just that it may not have worked). In any case, we’ve tried a lot of antihistamine stuff (diet, herbs, pharmaceuticals, MCAS pharma and herbs) and it hasn’t seemed to make even the slightest difference, so histamine may not be an issue. Nevertheless, it’s worth reconsidering. Thanks so much, both of you, for offering your insights!

2 Likes

Just a possible avenue to check into: fecal transplant.

1 Like

There are currently only four helminth species used in therapy, and, while these are formally classified as “parasites”, they are actually all “mutualists”. None of them is pathogenic in the numbers used.

The Helminthic Therapy Wiki, which is the most comprehensive and up to date reference work on the subject, has a detailed page on the safety of these species.

Also, before you write off helminthic therapy, do take a look at this paper from 2015.
http://www.yourwildlife.org/wp-content/uploads/2015/05/galley-proof-v2.pdf

After reading this, you may want to consider the 600+ additional anecdotal reports here:

And the following comments by others who are researching this area might also be of interest to you.
https://helminthictherapywiki.org/wiki/index.php/Helminthic_therapy_research#What_researchers_say_about_helminthic_therapy

I am by no means an expert but I believe the brain/gut communicate through the vagus nerve. I haven’t done the research yet but I am going to figure out the best way to work with that.
please get multiple opinions from doctors before your wife undergoes anything as drastic as removing here colon.

@Kevin2120 The vagus nerve is correct. One of the methods by which we have tried healing my wife, Amy, is by focusing on the vagus nerve. Besides a number herbs and supplements, which focus on the vagus nerve and these connections, she has been using the Nemechek Protocol since last March. Part of this protocol is using a device to stimulate the nerve, calibrated to make sure that it doesn’t produce to great a load and damage the nerve. We haven’t seen any results from that.

As you can surmise, we have tried many different methods from western allopathy to “alternative” medicines. Neither the Mayo Clinic in Rochester, nor any of the naturopaths or osteopaths have been able to help. So it is not without much thought and trial that she pursues this path. Moreover, she is starting to have liver damage from the TPN (IV feeding), so, although I think removing the colon is not at all a good option, it may be that it is necessary if doctors find a good deal of necrotic tissue there.

l suggest to get her to dr zack bush clinic asap.

@Earthlark are there other symptoms that she’s experiencing in addition to gi?

hair loss, joint pain, skin rash/lesions, degenerative disc disease, brain fog, headaches/migraines, coughing, congestion, heart palpitations, anemia/easy bruising or bruises take a long time to heal, brittle/thin/weak nails, joint hypermobility, bone loss, lethargy, depression, mood swings, suicidal thoughts?

what kind of supplements is she currently taking with her tpn if any? what was the progression and severity of these symptoms if any, starting when to date?

the more we know, perhaps someone may have insight…

I would strongly recommend daily Heart Rate Variability Biofeedback (HRV-B). You can buy a unit that works on the phone from HeartMath (e.g., Inner Balance): https://store.heartmath.com/technology-products/?_ga=2.63480231.968204856.1575080796-2046091577.1512617157

There is evidence that it helps gastrointestinal disorders (e.g., https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25274501) and lots of evidence it helps with anxiety/stress and depression.

I have used heartmath and it is very good. Now ,before using heartmath
I use an AVE (audio visual entrainment) Device called the Kasina. There is one other good one on the market but the Kasina lets you make your own sessions. Bit of a learning curve but worth it. With the use of AVE before the heartmath session my coherence level goes up much faster and I achieve higher levels. Also, if not able to use heartmath (sitting in traffic) I simply count out 10 (sometimes 9,11,or12) heart beats for one inhalation and 10 for each exhalation. There many other breathing techniques in the sutras of Patanjali (main source for yoga) Change your breathing and you change your thought patterns.

1 Like