Flux Health Forum

Elbow - Radial Head Fracture - results with M1 & IR 24W 830nm/660nm

I used the M1 Omni 8 Rest 5 Power 9 for several hours a day, a total of 21 non consecutive days out of first 30 days, after incurring a fractured radial head on my elbow. In parallel I used a 24w Infrared bulb 830nm/660nm for 20 minutes a day.

A friend of mine is an orthopedic surgeon and he was very impressed with the rate of healing and achieving full mobility quickly. I likely gained several weeks of mobility and felt little pain upon starting the above therapy a week after the break.

4 Likes

My sister-in-law just fractured her elbow.

Ouch.

Thanks for the detailed description!

So you used the IR for 20 min while wearing the M1 or did you separate them in time?

Hi @DrKaren, I used the IR bulb separate in time from the M1 because I wanted to push the bulb up against my skin and the coil configuration/wrap I used wouldn’t allow for this.

That is excellent feedback, thanks. Yes, when we measure the rate of recovery versus clinical standard recovery times, the use of PEMF seems to accelerate recovery by a factor of 2x to 3x. In some cases we have even had formal surgical assessments of post-surgical recovery milestones, and in general, people were achieving the equivalent of 6 weeks of recovery in only about 3 weeks. So, your experience correlates to that pretty well.

2 Likes

Hi. I also fractured my elbow in Dec 2019. It was an olecranon fracture and I broke the end completely off. I had to have surgery and now I have plates and pins over the joint. This may be a stupid question but can I use the a9 further down my arm for Lymphodema? I realize it would be inappropriate to use it where my hardware is. My situation is complicated because I had stage 3 breast cancer 8 years ago and as a result I have no lymph nodes in the auxiliary of that arm (so nasty lymphodema now!).

I have no personal experience with Lymphodema, but am curious if you have tried red/infrared light therapy for it and had any success?

Nope. I have used nothing. I have ordered the A9 to try on my 14 year old daughter and noticed a few research articles on lymphodema . I am a newbie to everything. I am here out of desperation for my kid.

I do not have any data or feedback specific to that, but generalizing what I know, I would say:

1- You should be able to use ICES-PEMF directly over your hardware without any problems. Initially I was concerned about this, but many people have tried it with metallic implants and in every case they report that it does not interfere, and in most cases seemed to help the implant engraftment, making the pins and screws feel much more solidly in place. About half of people did report a minor tingling sensation around the implanted metal, but only for the first 2-3 days, and it was not a disagreeable sensation. It tended to fade after a few days of use. Nonetheless, I would start at low intensity for short periods to be sure you tolerate it well.

2- Several people have reported to me that they have had very good results with ICES-PEMF reducing lymphodema after cancer surgical procedures, so perhaps they had similar difficulties (?) and their results suggest you might get some relief (?)

1 Like