Flux Health Forum

Diabetic Foot Ulcer A9 experience n=1

This is really fantastic. I am so happy for you with this excellent progress. If you are OK with doing so, we should make a serious attempt to collect and present this information so that it can help as many other people as possible. Please do keep all data, pictures (no matter how gory) and your thoughts and observations, so we can decide the best way to make it available to a wider audience.

I am in the process of gathering everything over the three years prior to starting PEMF, A1C records, wound care visits with photos etc. I’ll be more than happy to share. This has made a world of difference that I have to share my experience so maybe some people seeking clarity can see through the marketing fluff and see real world empirical data.

1 Like

That’s awesome - so glad you want to share all this. How did you find @Bob’s work? I am also glad the forum is helpful to you. I am a thrilled user (and dedicated forum member) and purchased multiple devices for family and friends and would love to see @Bob’s ICES PEMF devices adopted by people the world over. Seeing other people share their own experiences is very rewarding.

1 Like

That really is excellent, thanks.

It’s been two weeks. Currently at 19mm x 10.2mm so definitely slowing down on the rate of recovery but I also had an unavoidable emergency situation that involved quite a bit of walking and I didn’t have time for my usual precautions in terms of wound dressing, so I ended up with quite a bit of maceration around the wound edge. But even this is some progress, I’ll take a net decrease of 10% in one direction over nothing at all.

curious… is this ulcer an infection that prevents it from healing properly (diabetic foot ulcers)?

Currently it is not infected. The rate of healing for any wound is compromised by the underlying condition (Diabetes Mellitus). Neuropathy, blood flow, differences in number/availability of cytokines and also physical factors such as location in a weight bearing area also come into play.

slow improvement is way better than inexorable decay. That’s still good progress IMO, especially under the circumstances. Thanks for the update.

Hi @Choban55, it’s awesome to see your progress. Are you eating nitric oxide boosting foods or supplements (like Berkeley Life Beet Root Capsules)? Are you taking K2 and are you getting enough B12? I am thinking of things I have learned that affect peripheral vasculature. Have you also considered throwing at this a system like Speed Hound, Air Relax, or other type device to further increase circulation?

1 Like

I appear to be stalled, I can’t detect any difference with my calipers this week from my usual points of reference, so I must be missing something. So I welcome any input on this that could get me kickstarted again.

Don’t get me wrong, I am grateful for the progress I have made up to now. Have just changed protocol slightly by adding a splitter and the second pair of coils is on top of foot just above the first pair, but instead of stacking them, I’ve decided to try side by side with this second pair.

I should also have my extended battery pack complete tomorrow evening, in the hope I can run extended periods. Currently only using at night but looking to extend that with 4-6 hours during the day. I work in IT and have been remote for over 6 years so I should be able to make it work since my job is a sedentary one.

To answer your questions;
Nitric oxide, no,

D3&K2, yes

B12 injections sourced from Canada, B complex liposomal.

Vitamin C liposomal.

Magnesium - Remag, ReMyte minerals & Pico Zinc.

Collagen hydrogel & a colloidal silver gel for wound bed at dressing changes, approximately every 6 hours.

To be honest, haven’t heard of the other devices, but will start researching right now. Thank you so much for sharing this information. That’s why I love this forum.

The beet root capsules have really helped me. Also, I just purchased a Speed Hound device to see if that can further improve blood flow to my feet. I will let you know if I like it and if it helps me. ICES PEMF is amazing but is naturally throttled by the body’s ability to repair itself which has additional factors like blood flow, cellular energy, nutrients. My line of thinking is that if I can get more blood flow to my feet, I can heal repeated ligament injuries with the coils even more rapidly. That made me think of you and your efforts.

1 Like

I am new to PEMF, so have no advice there. What I do know, is that several years ago when I was getting my son hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), there was a man that had had a diabetic foot injury bad enough that he had been scheduled for foot amputation. He tried HBOT as a last ditch effort while awaiting surgery. (In Canada we have to wait for all things medical) When his time came for surgery, his foot was greatly improved. He canceled surgery and a month later finished his HBOT. His foot was completely healed with only slight scaring.

Thank you for this i am looking into options locally but may have to travel to a larger metro area about two hours away.

look into ewot… liveo2.com one of the first to offer an ewot system for home use. more effective than hbot in that oxygen saturation is more complete and much better circulated throughout the body in a very natural way.

the effectiveness can be attained over a consistent schedule of 30+mins of cardio exercise like running. ewot oxygen saturation and circulation gets to that state in less time (1 session vs 5xs a week over a month period).

definitely look into that if you want a more cost effective and efficient way of oxygen therapy than hbot :+1:t4:

I take beg to differ with, “more effective than hbot in that oxygen saturation is more complete and much better circulated throughout the body.” Boyle’s gas law trumps sales jargon. I will not do a dissertation on dissolved gases theory, but I will just repeat again, HBOT is very effective for diabetic wound healing. Can you afford it? It’s cheaper than amputation.

you’re right… i don’t have the details to support my opinion that oxygen will circulate to all parts of the body through aerobic activity and high concentration of oxygen. I am going on the premise that the rich oxygen taken in during sustained aerobic activity will get to where it needs to in a more effective manner … on the idea that exercise increases circulation and the body follows the natural course of that demand for oxygen - saturation is inevitable… tacked on w/the data from people who have benefit and anecdotes (yes, not too scientific, but what do we have to go on other than inconsistent quality of studies like pemf or many other natural options in clinical trials).

consideration of cost and access, ewot on the daily and progressive increase in use/activity/acclimation beats 10 visits every 3months at best monthly(?) which is more feasible?

but sure, effectiveness of one vs another I have not come across in any controlled study/experiment/comparison.

Anecdotally, I did 3 sessions of 1 hr HBOT 1.3 ata Summit to Sea unit and after each I felt what I describe as a feeling of blood rush to my big toe that has peripheral neuropathy. Hoping to secure more of these sessions. ICES PEMF on the big toe at night helps significantly as well. I am not as consistent with it as I should be but just got my spare M1 back from sending in for repair (I used it so much I wore out the jack) so now using it each night. I look forward to full feeling in that big toe.

Your response to 1.3 ata HBOT is interesting. For a long time HBOT was done at 2 to 5 ata. Dr. Paul Harch has spent several decades demonstrating that lower pressures and more treatments is a superior path to follow. Kinda like lower power level PEMF is better than cranking up the horsepower.

Be aware that there are often used softshell HBOT chambers available on Kijiji for 1/3 to 1/2 of new price. If the seller can demonstrate that they will reach pressure, they are a good deal.

I am a newbe with PEMF but I suspect there are some terrific synergies to be had by combining modalities. I have a hunch this would be extremely potent for TBI recovery. Can hardly wait to try the Brain Gauge, M1 and mHBOT (1.3ata) for TBI.

I agree with @uncleshred on this issue. I have heard and seen many good results from HBOT. HBOT would be my #2 go-to technology after ICES-PEMF (#2 tied with ozone).

I would go a bit further to say that a monkey with a typewriter trumps sales jargon. No arguing with Boyle.

Quick update as I promised to report. The Speedhound compression leggings have increased blood flow and I am glad I purchased it. One of my kids really likes it too - they use it after a long workout.