Flux Health Forum

Diabetic Foot Ulcer A9 experience n=1

I am new to PEMF, so have no advice there. What I do know, is that several years ago when I was getting my son hyperbaric oxygen therapy (HBOT), there was a man that had had a diabetic foot injury bad enough that he had been scheduled for foot amputation. He tried HBOT as a last ditch effort while awaiting surgery. (In Canada we have to wait for all things medical) When his time came for surgery, his foot was greatly improved. He canceled surgery and a month later finished his HBOT. His foot was completely healed with only slight scaring.

Thank you for this i am looking into options locally but may have to travel to a larger metro area about two hours away.

look into ewot… liveo2.com one of the first to offer an ewot system for home use. more effective than hbot in that oxygen saturation is more complete and much better circulated throughout the body in a very natural way.

the effectiveness can be attained over a consistent schedule of 30+mins of cardio exercise like running. ewot oxygen saturation and circulation gets to that state in less time (1 session vs 5xs a week over a month period).

definitely look into that if you want a more cost effective and efficient way of oxygen therapy than hbot :+1:t4:

I take beg to differ with, “more effective than hbot in that oxygen saturation is more complete and much better circulated throughout the body.” Boyle’s gas law trumps sales jargon. I will not do a dissertation on dissolved gases theory, but I will just repeat again, HBOT is very effective for diabetic wound healing. Can you afford it? It’s cheaper than amputation.

you’re right… i don’t have the details to support my opinion that oxygen will circulate to all parts of the body through aerobic activity and high concentration of oxygen. I am going on the premise that the rich oxygen taken in during sustained aerobic activity will get to where it needs to in a more effective manner … on the idea that exercise increases circulation and the body follows the natural course of that demand for oxygen - saturation is inevitable… tacked on w/the data from people who have benefit and anecdotes (yes, not too scientific, but what do we have to go on other than inconsistent quality of studies like pemf or many other natural options in clinical trials).

consideration of cost and access, ewot on the daily and progressive increase in use/activity/acclimation beats 10 visits every 3months at best monthly(?) which is more feasible?

but sure, effectiveness of one vs another I have not come across in any controlled study/experiment/comparison.

Anecdotally, I did 3 sessions of 1 hr HBOT 1.3 ata Summit to Sea unit and after each I felt what I describe as a feeling of blood rush to my big toe that has peripheral neuropathy. Hoping to secure more of these sessions. ICES PEMF on the big toe at night helps significantly as well. I am not as consistent with it as I should be but just got my spare M1 back from sending in for repair (I used it so much I wore out the jack) so now using it each night. I look forward to full feeling in that big toe.

Your response to 1.3 ata HBOT is interesting. For a long time HBOT was done at 2 to 5 ata. Dr. Paul Harch has spent several decades demonstrating that lower pressures and more treatments is a superior path to follow. Kinda like lower power level PEMF is better than cranking up the horsepower.

Be aware that there are often used softshell HBOT chambers available on Kijiji for 1/3 to 1/2 of new price. If the seller can demonstrate that they will reach pressure, they are a good deal.

I am a newbe with PEMF but I suspect there are some terrific synergies to be had by combining modalities. I have a hunch this would be extremely potent for TBI recovery. Can hardly wait to try the Brain Gauge, M1 and mHBOT (1.3ata) for TBI.

I agree with @uncleshred on this issue. I have heard and seen many good results from HBOT. HBOT would be my #2 go-to technology after ICES-PEMF (#2 tied with ozone).

I would go a bit further to say that a monkey with a typewriter trumps sales jargon. No arguing with Boyle.

Quick update as I promised to report. The Speedhound compression leggings have increased blood flow and I am glad I purchased it. One of my kids really likes it too - they use it after a long workout.

I’ve heard those are great for quick recovery after long runs!