Flux Health Forum

Deep Field Coils and hip arthritis

Thank U . I purchased the A9 and have been using it on my hip as close to 24/7 as I can. Have a small improvement. Will keep you updated.

3 Likes

Hi Bob and others, Here is an update. I have been useing ICES for 2.5 years (31) months for right hip arthritis. It is mild-moderate. Had a follow up MRI a few months ago and the arthritus has progressed but very very minimally. I started using the deep field coils daily about a year ago. If I go a few hours with out using ICES, when I use the device I can feel the inflammation go down, I have also been experimenting with using near infrared light. I bought this near infrared light https://redlightman.com/product/infrared-830-device/ and, same thing, I can feel the effect it has on reducing inflammation within my hip. Doing these two things the degeneration has pretty much stopped. When I first started using ICES, I experienced frequent strong electrical like shocks in the groin area, with continued use the severity and frequency of those ā€œshocksā€ have decreased. I can now go months without experiencing that feeling. I went to an auction yesterday where I stood for 5 hoursā€¦.I felt some shocks yesterday but I can go weeks without feeling them. Has anyone else had success reversing hip arthritis with constant daily use. Interested in feedback from Bob and others.

I think what you are doing is exactly right. I had a similar experience with my right hip more than a decade ago; start as early as you detect any problem, then keep at it diligently every day, and have reasonable expectations. I did not have the opportunity to combine my treatment with light, as you did, but now that is what I would do given the chance again. Most people who use PEMF clinically will tell you that it combines well with light (and many other things). I think when you are intelligent and diligent about it, PEMF is a great adjunctive tool.

2 Likes

Fantastic info - can you share more on what settings/placement you used for sleep and executive function?

How would you use the infra red light with PEMF? Would you do the light before or after the PEMF treatment? Or could you do PEMF and the light simultaneously?

you can do sequentially or togetherā€¦ we are all experimenting with what we notices will work for us. i have found pemf to more immediately reduce inflammation at a deeper levelā€¦ red light is great and have found it more near surface level for inflammation. perhaps try pemf first for 1-2h and follow up with red light for 20 mins ā€¦i use the rubylux bulbs and 20 is the recommended time of exposure.

Short answer: unknown.

A bit longer answer: It seems you could do any combination that you mention, but so far as I know, at this time there is no one definitive ā€œcorrectā€ way to do it. Individual responses will vary, so you will need to do some trial-and-error.

This is my experience as well. Red/Infrared light is helpful for near surface level and temporary reduction in pain. ICES PEMF creates a deeper and durable healing effect for me. The timing of the red/infrared light doesnā€™t seem to matter to me at all. I am using ABI 630/850nm 54W bulbs for approximately 8minutes twice a day. I do notice a significant improvement in collagen production on my face when I use it consistently every day for 4 months

1 Like

How is progress using deep field coils on your hip?

As you know, I did not use ICES-PEMF soon enough on my left hip just a few years ago, and as a result, it had to be replaced. Long before that, more than a decade ago, my right hip began to have real problems but I got right on it with long daily ICES-PEMF sessions, and I did that for several months. My right hip recovered slowly but very well and as a result I did not have pain in my right hip for more than a decade.

In the interim, several sets of digital x-rays have shown degeneration in my right hip, pretty stable (not progressing rapidly). The orthoā€™s have always commented, for more than a decade, that I will need a right hip replacement before long, since it looks pretty bad. But I had no trouble with it for more than a decade until very recently.

The pain in my right hip has come back recently, and I am trying to deal with it again with ICES-PEMF. It will take a while before I know for sure, but I am working on it. Maybe I can dodge a bullet again, but maybe not. The pain came on much more suddenly and seems much more intense this time than it was initially, more than a decade ago. So we will see how it goes.

2 Likes

thanks for the update. i looked up this link about hip pain and thought Iā€™d see how things have been progressing.

Iā€™m curious, do you take any collagen peptide supplement and or supplement with boron and silica?

whichever (if) you do, have you noticed ANY change in your nails, hair, joints, eyesight since supplementing?

I did only when i increased my supplement significantly (using de)ā€¦ just wondering if you are getting enough for your body to use/heal

Hello, @Bob and all, I have primarily purchased M1 to address an occasional pain I experience in my left arm bone (fracture) that was operated in 2009. I do occasionally use this whenever i experience pain (around 30) mins and then it subsides. Query - 1. Should I be bothered by the steel plate that was attached to my arm bone as a support while using the M1 as emits electromagnetic pulses. 2. Does the deep field coil help better in this case and is it compatible with the B5 as well ( I only read that itā€™s compatible with the C5). I do use the M1 on a low setting whenever i have a tooth pain and it seems work like ā€˜magicā€™ just after 10 mins and as well for 15 mins prior to sleeping on SMA/Alpha/Omni on the prefrontal cortex and it does something that makes me think much more clearly! I want to sincerely thank Bob for making this technology available to the lay persons like me who have not much insight into technology.

Hi @Sriharsha_namuduri,

I am glad that the technology is working so well for you. Quick answers:

1- No worries. Metal implants have never proven to be incompatible with ICES-0EMF (contrary to my initial concerns).

2- Deep field coil works well in either the C5 or the B5, but may not work as well for your deeper injuries (such as bone) as individual coils work.

Your further comments and observations are excellent, thanks!

1 Like

with that said, you still would not recommend to use pemf low or high near a pacemakerā€¦ (?)

Well, thatā€™s always an excellent question. Many people have asked it.

Think of it this way: how many products do you know that caution wearers of pacemakers to avoid basically anything electronic that emits any amount of energy. (notice the lack of a question mark)

There is absolutely positively categorically zero chance that I would ever suggest doing anything involving the placement of any device in the proximity of a pacemaker.

Nonetheless, several people have told me about their intention to do so anyway. They never complained about it to me, whether it worked out for them or not.

So, with an overabundance of caution, my answer will always be: donā€™t

hahaā€¦ ok, okā€¦ i had to ask the obvious, albeit common answer - it was just BEGGING to be asked after the mention of metal implants :slight_smile:

ā€¦ whether they lived to tell about it :open_mouth: ā€¦ but it would be nice to hear real life feedback on such use from those who daredā€¦and yes, even then it would be at each personā€™s own cautionā€¦

Yes, never hearing back from them is unnerving to say the leastā€¦ :astonished: :hushed:

Actually about 1 out of three have gotten back to me. They report no problems at all, probably due to the fact that pace makers have very high external noise tolerance, as an FDA requirement. But stillā€¦

1 Like

@Bob Could you please go in to a little more detail on what you did for your lumbar spine, and the approximate time it took between when you started and the images that showed it back to normal? Device, settings, treatment time per day, supplements, etc.

Also if you were to use two devices on the thoracic/lumbar spine would it be an issue if the pulses were not synchronized? Unfortunately not able to get a C5 at the momentā€¦

Many thanks.

OK, the first thing people need to do is a deep and profound reality check. First thing is to modify and accept new realistic expectations. ICES-PEMF (and everything else, fraudulent claims notwithstanding) is not a mystical way to make a person younger. I assert this, because many people seem to behave in a way opposite to this reality. So, step one is to adjust expectations and behavior.

Many, many people watch YouTube and hope to find the secret of youth. Thatā€™s fairly harmless, until older people start acting like they are young, and perpetually harm themselves. And this is the main risk of using ICES-PEMF: it will make a person feel so much better that it literally feels like they are young again, and that therefore they can behave like they are young again. Let me help adjust this expectation by giving two clear examples of people who have actually harmed themselves this way:

Example 1: An 84-year-old woman was pretty much crippled with back pain. Nothing else worked, so she decided to try ICES-PEMF. I coached her through it, gave her the answer to the question to which I am responding (above), and she was off and running. Initially the feedback was excellent: her back pain was nearly gone, and she was able to become active again. Then, she went silent for a few weeks. I finally got in touch with her son, who told me that the ICES-PEMF system was not really working for her anymore. I offered to talk to her to help her adjust her usage strategy, or test the device for correct function, so she could get back on track with her initial excellent results. But there was a lot of resistance and avoidance of communication.

I finally got her on the phone. She briskly told me that the ā€œthing didnā€™t work, but she would just keep it as a life lessonā€¦ā€. I asked her why her initial results were so excellent, followed by weeks of failure and avoidance. She was evasive, saying things such as ā€œIt never really workedā€¦ā€ etc. But finally she narrated the problem to me:

She felt so good for the first few weeks that she decided to take up mountain biking again. A bit dangerous for an 84-year-old IMO, but who am I to judge. She had gone out a few times and on their third trip to bike trails with her grandchildren, she abruptly told me that she hurt herself unloading all of the mountain bikes from the back of her SUV, by herself.

Summary of findings: 84-year-old woman hurts herself by unloading mountain bikes by herself from the back of an SUV.

She now had pretty severe back pain again, and therefore concluded ā€œthat thing really does not work.ā€

Example 2: A 93-year-old woman similar to Example 1 (above) started feeling so good that she decided to start cooking for her family again. Evidently ICES-PEMF didnā€™t work for her either, because she fell down a staircase while carrying a fully-dressed turkey, by herself, with both hands, and ended up in the hospital.

My conclusions:
First - adjust expectations to align with reality
Second - make corresponding adjustments to behavior

I hear stories like this so often that I have come to understand that the first thing to fix is what people have in their heads. ICES-PEMF can really help reduce pain and improve function, sometimes dramatically. But ICES-PEMF does not transform an 84-year old into a 24-year-old. People can end up hurting themselves worse with the wrong mindset.

Once you have that straightened out, the rest is pretty easy. Collecting my advice and experience with this from various locations on this forum to answer your question:

Set to default settings. I basically used Omni-8 (or the equivalent) for 90% of the time over the past 15 years. I experimented with a few other pulse patterns, but always ended up returning to Omni-8.

Get your nutrition and supplements adjusted for your individual needs: I use a Magnesium threonate formulation, zinc citrate or zinc gluconate, collagen peptides, explicit addition of 6 grams of L-glycine in addition to the collagen peptides with NAC for reasons discussed in detail elsewhere on this forum, vitamins D3 and K2. I also take 3 to 6 grams of creatine every day for the well-researched and firmly-established benefits to strength and cognition. This has evolved over the years and a full accounting would take a book, but basically, take what your body needs and adjust as you age. Determining this for yourself will be a life-long occupation and can be discussed on this forum as many other people have many excellent opinions on the matter.

Then, I simply wear an M1, originally an A9 until I developed the M1 a few years ago, pretty much doing Omni-8 set to intensity 8 or 9. I wear it all day long, sun rise to bed-time, held in place on my lower back where I individually need it to be by cloth taping it to my firefighter-red suspenders. All day, every day.

I also used occasional spinal decompression (Teeter hang-ups inverting table or equivalent, I have both). But mainly I use common sense to prevent further behaviors that lead to injury. I keep moving, but carefully. I use both hand rails when going up or down stairs. I watch where I place my feet. I am aware of bending and twisting movements. I do them within the limits of 60-year-old Bob, not in the wishful dream space of 25-year-old Bob.

Also, your final question about using two different (unsynchronized) devices on your spine: there should not be any problems doing that.

1 Like

Thanks @Bob, just trying to get back to normal (or as close to) for a healthy mid-40s.

Were there any supplements that you took specifically to aide healing your thoracic spine, or were they all general health supplements?

Also how long was the timeframe between your last imaging that showed degeneration and the healthy image?

Iā€™ve been back to wearing my ICES for 12 hours a day and subjectively have noticed improvement.