Flux Health Forum

Deep Field Coils and hip arthritis

Just a quick update on the use of the deep field coils and my self-experiment to see whether or not I can repair my cartilage:

I have been using 2 sets of deep field coils on my C5 directly over the most painful areas of my left hip. I use these all night on a fairly high setting (12, alpha-wave).

Over the past 2 months, I have almost entirely eliminated the stabbing pain, and now I only experience much less frequent, less sharp pain. Most of the time it is entirely pain free, and now I actually feel more comfortable standing and walking than I do sitting down. It definitely seems to be getting better!!! It is a slow process, but it is headed in the right direction.

Here is exactly what I am doing:

At night: I use deep field coils, Intensity 12, alpha wave, placed directly over the most painful areas. I just sleep with the system running all night, and occasionally adjust the coils (I am a light sleeper), but I can tuck them inside underwear to help hold them in place.

During the day: I use 2 model M1 systems on my left hip during the day, both set to alpha wave, both on intensity 13, coils taped side-by-side. I place them directly over the most painful areas (crease of hip and medial tendons). This allows me to work all day. I am extremely active in a laboratory, so mobility is essential.

Interestingly, I find that the slightly higher pulse rates of the alpha-wave protocol works a bit better for me than lower-frequency patterns. This seems to be a general trend with this very stubborn condition.

I make sure not to remain seated longer than 20 minutes. Periodically, I get up and do a quick NO-release workout, every 20 minutes. This helps a tremendous amount.

Once every hour to 90 minutes, I replace the batteries in the M1. This is crucial because I am running them at high output power (high freauency, very high intensity)

This is very important: for maximal performance, replace batteries frequently. Always keep a battery on charge for a quick swap.

PROGRESS:
I had three pretty serious problems with my left hip and leg, and all three have improved dramatically since I began doing this:

1- Hip arthritis - the painful stabbing pain has been reduced by about 80-90%, now it is both less intense and less frequent.

2- Hip impingement - this process has reduced the pain entirely and now it is very infrequent. Some clicking is still there, but it is minor and generally not painful.

3- Progressive CRPS - I was starting to get a regional pain from my groin down to my left knee, and the pain and discomfort were almost unbearable. This has been eliminated by about 90%.

Supplements: Omega 3, K2, D3, CoQ 10, concentrated cranberry soft chews, and I recently added eggshell membrane which I think helps noticeably.

I continue to do this self-experiment to see if I can actually regrow cartilage (I will get another image when I am able to), and to make sure the recovery is complete from the arthritis, hip impingement, and the regional pain.

I do notice that the pain sometimes returns, but this seems to be the result of having somehow unplugged one of my coils, or a bad battery. The rechargeable batteries do sometimes wear out, and they should be replaced with a new set of batteries every few months.

10 Likes

Bob, my husband has bone on bone hip arthritis. Using C5 with deep field coils. Also uses red light therapy on the hip and on June 4 had “Neural Therapy”, explained below:
https://www.practicalpainmanagement.com/treatments/complementary/prolotherapy/neural-therapy-its-role-effective-treatment-chronic-pain

http://neuraltherapy.com/

Appreciate your update as he has been using the setting you suggested in an earlier post - Omni8 and Schumann 4, Will change to the Alpha and may add the M1 during the day.

Next step for him will be the stem cell treatment.

In about a month, he has gone from terrible pain and hardly able to put any weight on the leg to walk, to walking normally without even a limp. The improvement has been significant. Trying to avoid a hip replacement. Since he is using multiple modalities, we are assuming his improvement may be a result of the synergy between them.

We believe the neural therapy addressed the root cause, then the PEMF and red light facilitated healing.

4 Likes

That is so helpful.

That is the results in 2 months of throwing everything at it.

That is fabulous.

What were you doing before that?

I guess what I am wondering is if were you using the devices in a more moderate way for a year or two before this type of progress?

Or maybe, what did it take to heal your other hip?

I will be very interested in seeing if you regrew your cartilage.

Maybe you can post your scans.

Curatron has before and after scans of a woman who was bone on bone knees who regrew her knee cartilage and seeing it helps people who are doing a process which can take such discipline for a long period of time. I know that it can take a few years.

I am glad to hear he is benefiting so much. With time, I am confident both he and I will continue to improve. Hopefully neither of us will require a replacement.

PEMF seems to be an excellent adjunct therapy for almost everything. Many clinicians tell me that their outcomes are 2x to 3x faster and better if they add PEMF to the things they are all ready doing.

My right hip was about 8 years ago. It was much simpler and less severe, but the process took several months and now I have no problems with the hip joint on the right side at all.

I delayed starting on my left hip while I was developing the B5 and C5, so that I could test them on myself. Late 2017, I started trying various approaches with a C5, with only modest results, but the pain did stay under control as long as I used a device most of the time. I did this the first half of 2018.

I had my stroke in July 2018, and as an unusual result, I lost all sensations of pain for many months. The pain slowly started coming back after about 6 months, but this tine I started much more aggressive use of the C5, and the M1. I tried the 2x2 arrays for a while with only modest results. Then a few months ago I developed and tried the deep field coils, which I use every night with a C5, then just a standard set of coils on an M1, which I use all day every day. I have been doing this for a few months, and that is what is working best, by far. I plan to stick with this approach to see if I can eventually achieve a full recovery,

1 Like

Thank you for explaining that.

I love the deep coils. My brain seems to be improving much better since I got them. I love that I can even stack those and feel like I am reaching the whole brain much better.

The results are markedly improved since I started using them.

I did have plenty of results with the M1 even for brain particularly using it on the prefrontal cortex and vagal nerve stimulation, for things like anxiety and sleep, but other things didn’t budge until I got the deeper coils.

How specifically are you using for vagal nerve stimulation?

Jlsteve

I start with PubMed studies. There are a lot of them. Self-Hacked also has done something on it. I tend to do my own process first and end up at sites like that by the end.

They define Vagal Nerve Stimulation this way: “Vagus nerve stimulation (VNS) refers to any technique that stimulates the vagus nerve, including manual or electrical stimulation.”

Left cervical VNS is already approved therapy for epilepsy and for treatment resistant depression. Right cervical VNS has been successfully used in trials for heart conditions.

In reviews they have already stated that noninvasive VNS is safer and seems “similarly effective” to their invasive vagal nerve stimulation.

I don’t do complicated processes about these things. I just read the studies and try things.

I looked up images on where they put the electrodes for Vagal Nerve stimulation and put the coils where they put the electrodes.

I have tried various settings.

I feel like I don’t want to recommend settings to people right now. I say that because what I have recently learned is that sometimes it really does matter when it comes to brain issues and that depends on which one you have.

I successfully used Alpha setting for helping me with social anxiety and I am using Gamma for Alzheimer’s, but now I am reading that I need Theta for the communication between my amygdala and hippocampus and that PTSD might be because there is too much Alpha in that region. Theta doesn’t help me sleep the way Delta does and using some of the other settings too close to bed can backfire and suddenly I will be awake all night long.

I am trying to figure it out for myself right now and I still love Schumann 4, but I had solved for sleep and recently I lent my M1 out and messed up my sleep again and doing the wrong setting at the wrong times has messed up my sleep schedule again.

On the positive side, I have solved Social Anxiety, Executive Function and I think I have improved memory a little bit, but sleeping again would be so nice.

I think what I am saying is that I might not be the best one to listen to yet. Ask me in a few months.

2 Likes

Maybe read Self-hacked about it, though, if I remember right, he went closer to the gut and I am not so sure about that. I stay closer to my neck.

1 Like

I just remembered. I use the TMS settings for things like that and I do it because TMS is something the researchers are already using.

I am just learning the whole Alpha, Beta, Delta, Gamma, Theta thing and what is clear to me is that getting those right matters.

I am not even educated enough in the technology itself to know what the TMS setting is as compared to those, but often, in the brain research, they will throw in sentences “too much alpha” “too little delta” “too much beta” “too little gamma”

As a self-hacker, I read those and when I am focused on whether I have early onset Alzheimer’s, I will use gamma. When I am focused on PTSD, I will use Theta and stimulate a different part of the brain. With social anxiety, I had excellent results with Alpha, but there are other studies focusing on different things.

I feel like I am learning, but TMS is the “go to setting” when I have no idea which one to do.

@Bob Is it ok to use a powerbank/powerpack with USB mini-b cable to the M1? I started using alpha on power 13 on my knees as you have used on your hip, but staying on top of battery charging every 90 minutes may prove difficult. I need mobility as well, wondering if latching a powerbank on to my belt and supplying power via USB mini-b would be ok or if that could hurt the M1.

That can work. It certainly will not hurt the M1. The only problem is that some power banks will shut off when they detect that the power drain is very low. Some power banks will shut off after a few minutes when powering our devices because the devices are very efficient, so the power pack thinks they do not need any more power (usually a drain of less than ~70 mA). But if you have a power bank that will not shut off this way, it will work well. Unfortunately I do not know of a way to tell which power banks will work this way, and the manufacturers often change their specifications, and I cannot police them.

2 Likes

Thanks @Bob! The first power bank I tried works well non stop when it is nearly full but after 8 hours of use and when it was still above half full, it started shutting off after a few minutes like you mentioned. Is there a threshold on the total number of device starts where the device will start failing? That is, should I try to reduce power ons?

I have tested these devices with many thousands of power-ONs. I have never had a failure as a result. Also, I designed the devices with a soft power-up protocol in firmware, and I have employed current surge suppression hardware at the power entry point, so there is no reason to believe that power-up degrades the device in any way. I probably over-designed it in this regard, but since you asked…

4 Likes

Great. I was curious if you had included design elements like this. Thank you.

1 Like

is this for all devices? including the a9?

also… how’s your hip don’t since your last mention of it in this thread in June?

power-up is soft for all devices, but it is better in the M1 and C5 (that was one of the improvements in that generation of devices.

My left hip is much less painful than it had been, but the images (x-ray and MRI) do not show improvement in the cartilage. It is a very slow process, but to me it feels like it is getting slowly better and not worse over time.

3 Likes

Hello Bob- You had images recently and they don’t show changes? Have you gotten feedback from anyone reporting measurable improvement in an X-ray or MRI? By the way, I look forward to watching your grumpy videos on YouTube.

1 Like

Yes. Its very interesting, and I am waitng for my next (and final) appointment with an orthopedic surgeon in about 2 weeks. I had a very good digital X-ray of my hips in mid 2018, and a more recent digital X-ray and an MRI, both showing my hips and my lower spine as it was last month. I also have lower-quality images from several years ago. These have been under clinical evaluation by several doctors/surgeons.

Briefly (things are still being evaluated):
A decade ago my lower back was in severe constant pain and showed severe degeneration.
My right hip was also in pain and showed some damage
Nothing was evident on my left hip at that time.

Last summer, my left hip began to show clear evidence of thinning of cartilage and arthrosis. At that time, it was borderline between moderate and severe.

My most recent images were quite dramatically different, both in a good and a bad way:
My most recent images show more extensive damage to my left hip. The MRI shows more soft tissue damage that was previously not imaged, and a lot of fibrous build-up. This was quite a disappointment for me, and it is also strange, because the damage to my left hip was clearly a lot more severe than it had been last summer, but the pain has been a lot less in the past 2 to 3 months, and the function, range of motion and everything else is much improved. I also added MSM as a daily supplement about a month ago, so I think that has really helped a lot.

But there have been several other important improvements for me lately too:
(1) The CRPS I had all along the inside of my left leg is completely resolved. I do attribute this to about 3 months of nightly use of my C5 with the pad made of four 2x2 arrays. Of course that will not show up on any images, but it sure does show up on my quality of life.
(2) my right hip, which once showed degeneration, now shows no signs of degeneration. In fact, two doctors used my right hip as an example of what “a perfectly healthy spherical femoral head should look like” That is an improvement over 7 years ago.
(3) My physician remarked that the detailed images of my lumbar spine from last month “look perfectly normal in every detail for a 50-year-old man”. This is a major improvement in my lower back from its severely degenerated condition a decade ago. And since I no longer have lower back pain at all, I consider this a major improvement, and as far as I know, it may be the first documentalbe case of the total reversal of lower spine degeneration in recorded medical history.
I may know more after I meet with the orthopedic surgeon in two weeks. Bur for now I would summarize:
Left hip - Disappointing images but so far excellent improvement in pain and function
CRPS - Almost entirely gone.
Right hip - excellent improvement in images and no problems with pain, no signs of degeneration.
Lumbar spine - No evidence of excess degeneration that was evident a decade ago, excellent and unexpected images.

6 Likes

So a complete reversal in the damage to your spine and right hip. Thats fantastic. Please keep us up on the developments you have with PEMF and the hip arthritis. It would be fascinating to see copy of images where a lay person can see improvements in cartilage thickness. You are very responsive with posting in the thread! Thanks.

My right hip has mild arthritis. I’ve used ICES for 11 months and its starting to pay dividends. Still have groin pain, but its mild. In the beginning I felt big shocks in the groin region, I assume that was a dramatic reduction in inflammation from using ICES. Now, I only occasionally feel that sensation and the “shock” feeling is much less.