Flux Health Forum

Database app for logging

If you need precise logging of usage for whatever reason, this is an easy option:

I use the Memento database app on Android for just about any logging of repetitive stuff, where it’s better to have options to choose from rather than logging old school (on paper).

I start a database from scratch.
The fields are:
Date
Start time
Stop time
Protocol
Level
Placement
Comments

Anything else you would add?

Memento is very easy to use if you’ve ever used a database program or coded PHP or CGI.

But you basically start with a field, then choose the type of field. If you look up the names of the fields on offer, that’s all you need. And then go to Items to add the choices for multiple choice or drop down fields.

And remember any time you need to change anything, you edit the entry or the database.

this is very helpful, thanks.

I could possibly make a template. One option when starting a new one is Open By URL. So it could be hosted on your website.

I haven’t really thought it through properly. The list is just off the top of my head.

Also, the list of options is cleaner if everything not needed from the start is left off the options. Once an option (item) has been used once, it needs to stay in the template. But it can get big quick, and less user friendly.

I build the structure as I change things. So I would add a new level as I started using it. Also, the database would be different between A9 and M1 becausw the levels are different. I kept adding things to my first entry today, as I thought of it.

But I could build a start and you could build on it until you feel it’s the right balance for others to use.

I think that is a good start for anyone who wants to do it.