Flux Health Forum

Continuing ices development and production

@Bob Do you have a plan for if and when you were not readily available (i.e., sabbatical, scheduling, vacation, emergency, retirement) to continue development and operations of your tech and production? it’s just sad, but also a competitive advantage for your co that there’s no one in the market with your mission to honestly and transparently develop pemf tech or helping the public heal. even if you were to double or triple your pricing, there’s no one that cuts thru the hyperbole and knows the tech in detail that i have found in the market.

although not a technical pemf question, it is a concern about the transparency and authenticity you bring to a hyped market full of snake oil salesmen …

1 Like

This is a legitimate concern IMO. I do have the objective of bringing PEMF mainstream through transparency. But it gets very complex. For example, if I just make everything open-source, that actually works against the real objective in many ways. Many people will see it as just a “gee, now its cheaper!!!” event. But by making it open-source, that strengthens the bad actors in many ways. They can start their “Based on NASA Technology!” campaigns again, claim adherence to my core tech, but actually just run a scam (many ways to do this). So, I maintain patents and trademarks precisely so that I have a legal lever to shut down impostors and (counter-intuitively) foster genuine competition.

Then we have the issue of someone continuing on with my mission if for some reason I am out of the picture (for example, if I am abducted by aliens). I am endeavoring to leave enough material in place (YouTube, scientific publications, et al.) that there will be a basis for continuing. As far as replacing me directly with another person, that seems unlikely, and is probably unnecessary.

My wife has the designs, source code, and industry contacts to continue to continue to make current ICES-PEMF devices, but further development would probably not happen.

But I think it would be more productive if someone else picked up the mantle and began making technical headway. No technology can be driven forward entirely by one person, and I have been pushing this for about a quarter century now, so younger minds are needed. I am leaving enough bread crumbs and signs to point the way that a reasonably skillful younger person could pick this up and carry it. If they bring more intellectual tools to the table than I have, for example in the areas of trans-membrane signalling protein biophysics and instrumentation, then they could make more headway than I have been able to make.

I also teach biomedical engineering classes at UNC/NCSU. I have about 60 students per year, and I put the main challenges squarely before them: what they need to do to contribute to humanity and win a Nobel Prize by making specific advancements in medical technology and science. I am fortunate to have occasional brilliant students who I have helped to motivate. Some of my students have been extraordinarily successful, and I have good reason to hope for the future.

My long-term objective is to make ICES-PEMF an increasingly mature technology that will be available to our children and grand children. For example, they should be able to buy a unit from a display on an isle in any drug store. So, this is a generational challenge.

The fact is: people and history are hard to change, but it does happen, and usually slowly at best. Nonetheless I remain optimistic.

11 Likes

I recognize a good man when one comes along. Thanks for all that you do for this community. You are a good man. :+1:

7 Likes