Flux Health Forum

Constipation/Sibo/scar tissue

Hello, I was researching ways to stimulate the vagus nerve and found this site I have had many abdominal surgeries and have taken antibiotics many times. I do not want to have any more surgeries since surgeries cause scar tissue. I’m in a ton of pain, my mid and low back because yep I’m severely constipated. I can’t feel basically my Sacrum? Yes it true I’ve had a lot of trama in the past. Maybe mentally I’m holding on to everything. But now I feel like I’m doing everything right, probiotics veggies broth 24 yogurt, exercise. I’m seeing best doctors? but there are not answers for me. Magnesium doesn’t work, lactolose, vitamin c, intermittent fasting, not eating exercising nothing is working. I’m doing the protocol for Sibo but what brings me here is that I went to a chiropractor and acupuncturist recently and they both mentioned that possibly my vagus nerve is damaged so my brain isn’t telling my gut to go? Does anyone have experience with this PEMF for ANY of these issues? I appreciate that I recieve a call from Dr Dennis representative Chris today! I love when a real person answers but she thought best to ask the forum. Also I read about the Frequeny Specific Microcurrent created by Dr. Carol McMakin is this simular to the PEMF? I’m at a loss as to what to do. Doctors just want me to go to physical therapy for the pelvic floor and to take laxatives. I do PF exercises about 1.5 hrs a day and breathe work as well. This is disgusting to say but when I went to the ER and was inspected nothing is stuck at the bottom its all under my ribs trapped I believe by scar tissue. Yes I had scar tissue removed in 2018 but no adhesion barrier was used and I’m suffering most hrs of the day. I feel like a shared life is over for me, I’m 57. Heart surgery at age 4 and always had a slow and now redundant colon. Yes I’ve done plenty of therapy, so this box is checked. Oh I had brain surgery, heart surgery, afib and tumors (non cancerous removed from ovaries) etc. I’d appreciate any comments. FYI what makes me hope that this could work is that it might stimulate the vagus nerve? and bam i’d be back in business, haha. Thank you for your time

Hello Lemons4me, I was searching the forum for related issues and saw something that you might be interested in. There is a person who used the c5 and the mat and they said you’d have no problem going after that…might be worth a shot to locate that post. I have an m1 or I’d definitely try it, too!

Good luck!
Alissa

hopefully @Bob can give you insight on the microcurrent reference question…

generally speaking pemf is a great adjunctive therapy to add to the things you’re doing for ailments you’re treating.

ta da! Its really true, I do answer questions posted to this forum, usually on the same day! (If I get a notification; best to include @Bob)

PEMF is not the same as microcurrent technology, but properly-designed PEMF, such as ICES-PEMF, definitely induces micro-currents in deep tissues. It’s a lot of physics and electrical engineering, but ICES-PEMF is about 1000 times more efficient at inducing microcurrents in deep tissues than the microcurrent technology is (sounds strange, but it is true).

So, while we do not have a lot of detailed feedback (yet) on ICES-PEMF and vagus nerve stimulation, what I suggest you try is to stack the coils bumpy-side-to-bumpy-side, tape them together that way, then place them (either side of the coil stack) over any point on the vagus verve as it descends from the neck to abdomen. It might work for you to try near the vocal cords, but you should study the vagus nerve anatomy to find places you can try.

Also consider which range of “frequencies” you want, probably lower frequencies such as Schumann 1 and 2, Alpha wave, Theta wave, or Delta wave. You could also experiment with the default: Omni-8, but that might be irritating because of the higher frequency bursts it contains, or it might work well for you. People have very individual responses.

This should give you a start for self-experimenting, and if you find anything that works well (or not), please post your observations here.

2 Likes

This was posted over a year ago. @Lemons4me , how are you doing ? Did you find relief?
It’s been a while and I hope you found something that worked.
As for the vagus nerve. You might also consider acupressure points. You’d have to find them.
Also try the matrix setting.
Looking forward to your response. Please update us.