Flux Health Forum

Coils with portable music player

Hi,

I am considering buying a generator. But I am curious; what would happen if I bought a coil and attached it to a portable music player? The coils seem to use 3.5mm minijack. I would probably find a way to generate a flac file with a 10Hz square wave signal (or something along those lines).

Anyone? Thanks!

Dozens of different people try to do this, just google search “DIY PEMF”.

My advice briefly: Do not try it, it will not work properly and may damage your audio device.

If you want electro-magnetic pulses from an audio device, just use ear buds. Those are properly tuned to turn the music into magnetic pulses which, yes indeed, emit from ear buds and into your head. This will be true for any speaker placed close to your head.

But ICES-PEMF coils have an entirely different function, so they are not compatible with audio devices.

This question comes up periodically, and people think it should be an easy answer, but it turns out to be pretty detailed and technical, so no matter how you reformulate the question, the technical answer will always be the same.

More technical detail:

The reasons it will not work properly are many. The explanation is based on an understanding of biophysics and electrical engineering, so if you really want to know, you can search around on this forum to see how it relates to ICES-PEMF, and then the Internet to learn the engineering details related to these technical key words:

RCL circuit
Tuned circuit
Delta pulse
Audio filtering and bandwidth
Slew rate
Second order differential equations
Series output impedance
Impedance matching
Faraday equation
Inductance
Chronaxie and Rheobase
Duty Cycle
RMS

When you understand these technical terms and concepts, the direct technical answer is:

That will not work because ICES-PEMF is a tuned RCL circuit to generate delta pulses with the correct magnetic slew rate to induce Faraday induction in deep tissues of sufficient chronaxie and rheobase to elicit a biophyscal transduction mechanism, not yet scientifically elucidated, which results in measurable and repeatable reduction of swelling and inflammation of a wide range of tissues. The ICES-PEMF driver circuit is tuned to generate the correct pulse to achieve the necessary magnetic slew rate, chronaxie, and rheobase, of the induced current, but audio sources do not have sufficient bandwidth to achieve the necessary magnetic slew rate and duration. Because they are tuned for non-audio inductive driver applications, ICES-PEMF coils have much lower impedance than headphones, so it is possible that without a power amplifier you would damage or destroy your audio device if you attempt to drive ICES-PEMF coils as if they were audio speakers, but if you try to use an audio power amplifier you would likely destroy the ICES-PEMF coils because they are designed for at most 1% duty cycle pulses, and would quickly overheat if subjected to any continuous sinusoidal amplified output in excess of about 3 Watts because ICES-PEMF coils are designed to withstand only up to about 1 Watt RMS comprised of very narrow pulses separated by much longer time periods of no output signal (not sinusoidal).

3 Likes

love it…a nerd after my own heart. even these related/unrelated questions about pemf you spend the time getting into the nitty gritty of it. within a year or so, we can model you and have a bob-bot ai to help clone your knowledge in the forums as you get busier with the big research and Collab projects coming down the line! :+1:t4:

1 Like

well, who’s to say for sure that I am not an AI Bot. Maybe the real Bob is chilling out on a beach somewhere…

Please note: I am a Large Language Model chatbot and may make statements that are incorrect from time to time.

3 Likes